Old Friends

Cecilia

I blinked and I was gone, appearing in an open space where there was nobody, just looking around in confusion. I released my sword, letting it vanish away, wondering what was going on. "Cecil?" I heard someone call my voice, then their mana signature came to me. "What happened?"

"Nico." I said the boy's name, turning to him as we stood there, alone. "Did you teleport me out of the battle?" I asked, thinking that he might have had some sort of plan to get me alone, here, so he could talk to me about something.

"No, I was on my balcony, taking in the view as I debated coming to the battle." He told me, and by the way he spoke, he was telling me the truth. "Then, all of a sudden, I was here, I have no clue how, but I am."

"Oh." I said, trying to piece everything together. "I don't know what's going on either, but it appears we have fallen into some sort of trap." I conjured my blade back into my hand as Nico came to my side, he was hesitant, but that was fine with me.

"By who?" He asked, conjuring one of his own. "Why would we be put together? It's not like ---" I released my aura and mana as I shot forward, my sword coming up at the figure that had just appeared ten yards from us.

My sword flashed forward, the man deflected it, but my fist slammed into his face, knocking him back. I conjured multiple spikes, knowing that he was an enemy, and that I had no need for him. Kezess vanished away, using his static void, and appeared away from me, and when I was about to activate my static void, he spoke.

"Cecilia, always quick to kill." He said, looking at me as Nico joined me at my side. "The two love birds back together, uhh, a shame, really, I have to kill my own creations." By the way he was talking, this wasn't Kezess, he didn't create us. "Oh, I see, you know that I'm not Kezess, it is me, my dear, Agrona."

"Why are you in that body?" I asked, Nico stepped back, his aura potent, but not to any of us, he was trying, but it wasn't a very good try.

"Well, fate thought it was better for me to stay in this form since I fought better with it." He shrugged at me as he conjured a mana blade in his hand and smiled. "I wasn't much of a fighter in my vritra form, I'll admit that, but in this form, I have the brains and brans."

"We'll see about that." I told him, releasing my aura, letting it take over Nico's and push into Kezess, Agrona's. "I don't know how you are back from the dead, and I don't really care, I'll just kill you again, I'm sure that's what Virion would want."

"I'm sure it is." He told me, and that's when we both shot at one another, my blade flashed over his head, he ducked, spun, slashed my leg, but my blade was at the back of his neck. I slit it slightly, drawing blood, he dodged a black spike from Nico as he finally decided to do something.

He wasn't going to be much help, but that is fine, I wasn't going to protect him either, if he died here, it wouldn't be because of me. Agrona turned back to me, swinging his sword, but I parried it and kicked him right in the chest, sending him rolling on the ground, but he landed on his feet.

I appeared before him, conjuring a crystal upwards, and as he dodged it, I was in front of him. Our blades met, I used static void and appeared to his side, slashing at his ribs, cutting them, then dodged a punch as he released one of his hands from the sword handle.

I leaned backwards, allowing his fist to pass by me, then brought my blade back up and slit his wrist, blood fell to the ground. I deflected his next attack, then his next, spinning and parrying the next one and swinging my sword through his ribs once again, this time cutting a little deeper.

I side stepped his blade as he brought it down, then as a spike shot at him, he cut it in half, dodged my sword, then swung his own, cutting me in the shoulder, almost taking my arm off if he came at me at a different angle.