Love

I sat there with Sylvie as everybody left the room, leaving us alone, my mind started to race with thoughts about everything that has gone down. These thoughts weren't like before though, they weren't battle plans, they were plans for the future of this world.

"Veer." Sylvie said, and I turned to her, looking her in her golden eyes. "I'm happy you are stepping down, I think it is for the best, but what do you mean you plan on leaving?" She was referring to what I said to my mother.

"When we destroyed Dicathen, I had a clone build a house on the shoreline outside the city of Slore." I told her, and her eyes widened a little. "I had no plan of staying or keeping it secret, I simply don't want to live in a city." 

"Oh." She said, realizing what I was saying, I wasn't hiding from anyone, I simply wanted to live in peace. "You are doing what I wanted."  She paused for a second, smiling as she took my hands. "No more war, no more killing, a place like that would be perfect."

"I know." I said, nodding my head as I looked at her. "Sylvie, before I ask what I want, I need to know, why?" I paused, then added. "Why did you kill Selena?" Her eyes widened, not knowing how I would know such a thing. "You really think I didn't know?"

"I-I don't know." She went silent, trying to come up with a reasonable excuse, even though I wasn't angry or anything. "It all just happened, she brought me somewhere, we fought, and I ended up killing her, I truly am sorry, I don't know if you like ---"

"Sylvie, you don't need to apologize to me." I told her. "Selena was crazy, just like me, I'll admit that we were a perfect match when it came to our mental health, but my heart always belonged to you."

"I'm still sorry." She said, and I shook my head, pulling her into my chest and hugging her. "I love you too, Veer, I hope you know that as well." I didn't respond, knowing it already. "I didn't want to kill her, but she forced me."

"I know." I assured her, rubbing her back as I felt a tear droplet fall on me. "You are fine, it wasn't your fault." I just held her, and after a long second or two, she backed away. "I love you, Sylvie, I really do, and I should be the one apologizing, not you."

"What? Why?" She asked, wiping a tear away that strayed down her cheek.

"I want to apologize for becoming the monster that I did." I told her. "My mind slipping, falling under a spell that basically made me like killing people." I still like it, but won't say that out loud, it's probably one of the reasons I want to be out of the city. "I did what I had to, but even that isn't right, because I enjoyed it."

"Veer, don't apologize to me now." Sylvie shook her head as she looked at me. "Yes, you became a monster to protect the people you loved, and yes, you might have liked it, but it wasn't your fault, if anything, and I'm not apologizing because I know you won't accept it, I should have been there for you, but here I am now, and that's what matters."

"And I am happy you are here." I said, smiling at her. "If there's a person I want to be with, it's you, and I need you now more than ever, Sylvie, you know that." I told her. "I want you to come out to Slore with me and live on the beach."

"You don't have to ask." She said, smiling. "I'll be there for you, I'll never not be there again, I missed and caused so many things, I want to help you get better, I want to free your mind from causing anymore chaos."

'Wow, that was easy.' Hades said within my mind. 'She truly does love you.'

'It's amazing, isn't it?' I felt him send me a mental head nod, and I went on out loud to Sylvie. "Good, because I couldn't have imagined my life there without you." I leaned in and we kissed for a long couple of seconds. "I love you."