Do they care?

"The Leviathans seem to be adjusting pretty nicely." Hades said to me as I sat in the living room, Melody, Cassandra, and Selena were with me. "Hersius is preparing defenses around Taegrin Caelum, it's a nice sight."

I had the Leviathans prepare homes and streams of water around Taegrin Caelum for protection. There were Wraiths as well, hiding in the mountains around us, there was zero chance any asuras could get to us. This was the safest place in the world, well, unless you count the dimension thing Arthur can do.

"Yeah." Selena said, looking at me from my side. "I'm just happy, not that it matters to me, but it's good to see that my father is alive." It turns out, her brother, Holden, was taken hostage by Kezess's force, so he wasn't here. 

"He'll help us in certain situations." I said, nodding my head to her, and everyone in the room. "Where's Cecilia? Is she back yet?" I asked, looking around at each of them, knowing Cassandra and Melody were in charge of knowing. 

Melody ran a hand through her blonde hair, touching one of her horns. They have been acting weird lately, I mean, I understand they are happy to be vritras, but like, right now, they are wearing these weird ass dresses that basically expose their entire legs and stomachs. 

"She is." Melody told me. "I believe she is in her room preparing herself, like you should be." I rolled my eyes at her, happy that Cecilia was back from Aramoor, but I didn't need to be told to prepare. "Veer, you are going to be seeing people who hate and love you, saying the right things, doing the right things, it is important."

"She's right." Hades said, looking at us both. "I've been trying to tell him that for the past week."

"Veer, dear." Selena grabbed my hand. "They are right, you need to be smart on how you approach them. Arthur could be an issue." He was going to be a fucking issue, but I didn't need to plan on what to say, I was just going to be myself.

"I know, I know." I said, waving them all off, looking at them all, then going on. "I'll take care of it guys." I don't even know what they will be like, or how they'll act, but I know it'll be fine. "And it's not like I'm going alone."

"I still don't know why you are bringing Cecilia." Hades said, then went on. "I mean, I know why, I've seen what you've been planning, but isn't it like a dick move, you are throwing her in the face of Nico once again."

"Well, yeah, it is a dick move, but I rather her be there." I shrugged as I leaned back, my hand running through my hair. "And well, it's not like we are going there to be friends with them. I'm going to try, but I kind of ruined it, I'm just going to explain an idea I have to Arthur."

"He isn't going to like that." Melody said, shaking her head. "They are going to try to take you out, you know that right?" I nodded my head at her. "Well, I should have known you knew that, but how are you going to get them to trust you again."

"I have no fucking idea." I said, smiling a little. "I'm hoping with the whole threat to their live situation, it'll help, but again, I don't know." I knew I was their enemy, I made myself into that image to do what I wanted, but now, even so, I have to protect them. "Again, I'm not going there to plead for their obedience, I'm just trying to help them in case something goes down."

"I still don't think it is worth it." Selena said, shaking her head. "They aren't going to listen to you, there's no point, you should just do what you want, protect them in a different way." She had a point, but this was the best way to do it.

"I have to." I told her, having things already set up, I just needed their aid, not aid, more I just needed them to listen to me. "It's the best way to handle the situation. I'll be fine, you know I will be." I was bringing Raven just in case, she'll make sure everything works out if I needed some way out.