Revival Pt. II

I felt a smile form on my face as Kezess teleported away, about five yards from me, deflecting a blast from Sylvie as he did, aether was flowing towards each of us now, alongside mana. "Huh." Kezess eyed my blade up. "An aetheric fire, I see, that could be dangerous in the wrong hands."

"It's in the wrong hands." I said, god stepping into him, my blade coming down and connecting with his mana sword. The flames jumped off my sword and onto his, eating away at it, burning the mana that built it to ask until it got to his hands.

His eyes widened as he released the blade, dodged my next strike, conjuring another sword and sent it towards my face. I god stepped to the side, smiling as I did, letting the anger take over, sending flurries of attacks at him, driving the mightiest asura backwards.

He was dodging every attack, but it wasn't with ease, and as I attacked, I felt my confidence and killing intent growing as I became more and more aware of what has gone down. The flames grew like my anger and knowledge, but even so, they couldn't touch the god.

I swung my sword again at his face, and as he dodged the sword, the flames fell off it, not onto him, but around him, and as they burned the ground, he knew that he had to stay away from them.

I didn't want him to notice the power of destruction, but I wasn't that mad about it. If he knew that the flames were dangerous, he would keep his distance, and that would possibly give me advantageous when going towards him.

I didn't know for sure; I was just as curious as him. What would the flames do to the god? Would they kill him? Burn him? I didn't know, but I would love to find out. I think it would be awesome to figure it out. Could the flames of destruction kill a god, or well, the god of this world, Kezess, Lord Indrath.

I'm sure they could, but even as I continued to swing my sword at his face, and he dodged blow after blow. I didn't know if it was even possible for me to land a hit on him again. He was moving so fast, it made god step look like child's play.

I could still somewhat keep up with him, it wasn't like there was a huge difference, but there was one. Our blades met, bouncing off one another, the flames did nothing, there wasn't enough time, then I dodged a kick from him, I shot a wind blade, he side stepped it and conjured a mana spike.

I sensed it coming, but as I avoided it, he teleported to my side, I fell to the ground on purpose, letting his blade pass over my face, teleported to my feet and used earth magic to shoot me further away.

Sylvie was in the sky, raining down spells that shook the ground as Kezess and I fought. I was forced into dodging them as well, but there wasn't much I could do. Destruction was the only reason Kezess was faltering I think, he was being hesitant, knowing what it can do now.

I swung my destruction blade upwards as I slid to a halt after god stepping once again. Kezess back stepped my attack, then dodged the flames I pushed after him, I spun and as he used static void to appear behind me, our blades met once again.

However, this time, the flames of destruction leapt onto his blade and started to eat at it. I smiled at the sight, but that smile quickly faded away as I felt a blade forming behind me, not a spike or anything, a sword.

Kezess released his blade, teleported behind me, grabbed the one growing out of the ground and in one swoop, sliced through the skin on my back before I could do anything. I felt the blood rushing onto the ground as I god stepped away.

'Arthur!' Sylvie said as she laid cover fire for me, backing Kezess off for a second before he was one me again. 'Should I get you?' I didn't respond, I didn't have the tine to, his blade was coming for my face as I appeared once again after god stepping.