Dicathen in Ruin Pt. III

Aya Grephin

I was standing in the middle of Etistin, looking up, the shield was shaking as dragons hit it. I had just escorted the royal family out. I was with Arthur, watching the dragons, there were a lot of them, I counted more than fifty. 

"This is not good." I said, shaking my head, but knowing the plan. We had to draw them in, make them look real, make it look like we are protecting something, the people. There were citizens, or well, clones, thousands of them laid out all throughout the city, making it seem like there were people here for them to kill.

It's what Virion did for almost every city, the ones he could get to, which wasn't all, but the plan, his plan, it could actually work. We needed to get the asuras closer to the ground, but even if they weren't, the bombs, the blood bombs he had us place in the ground will do damage to them in the sky.

"It's fine." Arthur told me, still looking up. He seemed so unfazed, like this didn't matter to him, but at that though, the shield broke. "Here we go." The dragons started pouring down on us, on the city, and I felt my heart start to race.

This wasn't an invasion, it was a slaughter, they were going to kill thousands, or well, they were going to. Now, they won't, maybe a little in the other cities, but Arthur told me when the portal in the sky opened up that Virion and clones went to the other cities to help out.

The dragons all froze in the sky at the sight of Arthur, I knew it wasn't because of me, and then one of them came flying down. There were some in humanoid form, and some in their full dragon form. There was no chance I could fight and kill one in their dragon form, I would die within seconds, even I knew that.

"Let me do the talking." Arthur told me as the dragon slowed his descent. Regis leapt out of Arthur's body, landing at his side, and I pushed away the fear growing in me, I had to fight, and I knew I could. 

These dragons were strong, way stronger than me, I just had to be smarter, that's all, if that was even possible. "I am Teiemau." The dragon said, looking down at only Arthur. "I'm the leader of this squad, but with orders from Lord Indrath, I was told to deliver a message to Virion or Arthur Leywin if I saw them."

"I'm Arthur Leywin, give me the message." Arthur said, and for some reason, it didn't sound like him, to say something like that, but I pushed the thought away. I saw now, maybe one hundred dragons, it was bad, even the two of us couldn't fight off fifty, but again, that didn't matter.

"He said to point you in the direction of the Elven Kingdom." Teiemau said, looking at Arthur. "There, our Lord is waiting for you." I could see Arthur's eyes widen, then a smile formed on his face. "Leave, or we will kill you."

Arthur waited, then turned to me. "I have to go." He told me, and I didn't respond, he did, this was, this could be the end if he went there and killed the dragon. "If I have a chance at killing Kezess, I have to.'"

"I agree." I said, but looked around, seeing citizens on the streets, frozen, looking up. "But what about them?" I asked, playing my part perfectly, knowing I had to do it for Virion's plan. "We can't just leave them."

"They don't matter." The dragon told us, answering my question meant for Arthur. "We will slaughter these Lessers like cattle." That's what we wanted them to do. "You can't stop that, none of you can."

A portal opened up to our side, and as I thought about it, Virion had to be listening, he is the only one with that ability. "Now, now." A voice cried out from within the portal, and as it did, two figures stepped through. "You go and fight Kezess, we'll handle things here."