Choose

"We should be going to bed." Tessia said as she sat beside me, playing with the baby in my arms. "It's pretty late, and we didn't sleep well yesterday." I nodded, handing her the baby, Olivia was very cute, I held her for the past hour or two while we sat there and talked.

"That's fine." I said as she stood, looking at Arthur. "I should probably rest myself, and well, I should go and see some other people." Hades was now resting and healing within my blood stream, getting himself back to one hundred percent.

"Yeah, we are tired as well." My mother said, looking at my dad. "And Veer, I agree, you should go and rest up, you were dead, and well, a little more than the other times you were almost dead." I laughed a little at my mother's joke, no one else did.

"Alright, I'm with you on that." I nodded as everyone stood, giving them all another hug as we prepared to head in our separate directions for the night. I finished with my sister, feeling her horns press into my neck slightly. "Don't be sad, El, I can still see it in your eyes, there's no reason for you to be upset anymore."

"I know." She said as she parted from my arms. "I love you."

"I love you too, big sister." I said jokingly, then everyone went into the halls, I turned towards the stairs, stretching slightly, knowing I should say something to the others in the hall, but I was tired, and it was late, I could feel most of them in their beds.

I started to walk away, knowing I was the only one not living in this hallway, or I should say the whole floor, everyone else from Dicathen was, and as I made it halfway towards the stairs, a hand grabbed mine.

Of course, I knew who it was, I just didn't expect her to grab onto me like she did. "Sylvie?" I said her name questioningly as I continued walking on. "Oh, are you still living in the room on the first floor, forgot I kind of locked you up there away from everybody in a sense."

"You didn't lock me up." She responded, but I kind of did, if she left, people followed, then again, that's not locked up, so she's right. "And yes, I've been staying up there as well, mind coming with me?"

"Sure." I was going up there anyways, so I had no reason to say no to the girl I loved. We started up the stairs, making our way past a team of Wraiths that were on guard, and at the sight of me, their eyes widened, but went still as I passed them.

"We can talk a little about this situation we are in." She said, and I gave her a side eye, smirking a little as we stepped up the stairs. "I'm serious, Veer, I love you, and I want to be with you, I've come to that decision, I want to be there for you, but not if Selena is there."

"Fine." 

"You aren't killing her."

"Fuck." I rolled my eyes, that would just make everything so much simpler, but there was something in my heart for that weird ass crazy bitch, and I think Sylvie deserved to know. "You should know something, though, I love you a lot more, and that will never change, I do have, it hurts to say it, but I know it's true, even if it isn't love, I do have some feelings for Selena."

I mean, we, well, we slept together pretty much every night I was here or in the Blood Grotto, so emotions growing makes sense. "Okay?" She replied. "And I understand that, but that girl, she's crazy, Veer, and if I want to help you get better, she has to go, send her away, I don't care." Sylvie paused for a second as a Wraith walked by, the last one on the stairs, he wasn't part of the earlier squad. "I thought I could live with her, but I can't, I just can't, not after the path she let you go down."

"I understand that Sylvie, but you technically let me down that path as well." I said, not realizing that I probably shouldn't have said that, because as we reached the first floor, she stopped, turned me towards her, and just stared at me with an annoyed expression. "That's, that's not what I meant."