Chapter 11

Kaya, Dylan and Ki Hong left around 3 am, they'd all hugged you goodbye. You really liked them, especially Kaya. Dylan was really funny and kind, and Ki Hong really sweet.

You were sitting on the grass in Thomas' backyard, the lights were on so you could see Thomas his face clearly. You handed him a cigarette and lit it for him.

'You have amazing friends.' You said while you blew out the smoke.

'Yeah, I do. They really liked you, (y/n).' He smiled down at you, and you smiled back.

'I hope so. Tonight was so much fun. You're so close like a little family...' You stopped talking, and stared at the ground.

'Are you okay?' Thomas asked, his voice sounded softer then before.

'I feel great. Really...' You looked up at him again, and stared into his deep brown eyes. 'That game... I used to play it with my parents, and aunt. We used to have those family nights were we ordered food and played that game all night, until the sun came up. We did, like, a tournament.' You smiled.

'That sounds like a lot of fun.'

'Yeah, it was... I obviously always won.' You laughed.

'Obviously...' Thomas laughed too, and rolled his eyes.

Your laugh turned into crying, and you put you hands in front of your face while you looked away. You didn't want Thomas to see you cry. See how weak you are. 'I... I'm sorry.' You said through sobs.

'Hey, it's okay. I understand. Come here, love.' Thomas put his arms around you and you put your head against his chest. 'I'm so sorry.' Thomas whispered into your ear while he stroked your hair.

After a couple minutes or so, you were much more relaxed. Thomas let you go and you wiped away your tears.
'I'm sorry. I hate to cry in front of other people.'

'That's okay, really. Sometimes you just have to let it go.'

'Yeah.' You smiled and put the cigarette between your lips. You inhaled and exhaled it slowly. 'I don't want to go home...' You added, whispering. You still hated coming home in an empty house. Especially in night.

'You can stay here if you want to.'

'I don't want to intrude...' You said quickly, you can't stay here...

'You won't. I have an empty guest room.' Thomas grinned at you.

'I'd love that... Thank you so much... For everything.'

'What for?'

'For listening, being able to cry on your shoulder, just... for everything.'

'You're welcome. Thank you for being a fun and nice neighboor.'

'You're welcome.' You smile as you hug him.

***
'So you can borrow a T-shirt to sleep in if you like, and I have some a new package of toothbrushes, you can get one of them.'

'Thanks.' You said shyly, and Thomas walked away. You'd already offered to just go home. But he insisted, you could stay here. You looked in the guest room. There was a
double bed and a closet and a mirror. It was cozy.

'Here you go.' Thomas' voice sounded from behind you. He handed you a blue T-shirt, a towel and a toothbrush.
'Wow. You really know how to welcome guests, huh?'

Thomas smiled, and pointed at a door on the other side of the hallway. 'That's the bathroom.' He pointed at another door. 'That's my bedroom in case you need me.'

'Thank you, again.' You smiled and yawned. 'I'm sorry, I'm tired.'

Thomas laughed. 'Good night, (y/n)'

'Good night, Thomas.' He hugged you one more time. He walked away and disappeared into his bedroom.

***
You'd brushed your teeth and was wearing Thomas' shirt. You laid down in the bed and almost immediately fell asleep. You were really happy.