Chapter 59

That night, Thomas called you and you told him about what had happened today. He sounded so proud and happy for you, and he honestly was. Thomas told you about his day, which was a huge deal for him as well. He met the new cast members, including an actor named Giancarlo Esposito, who is, apparently, a really good and successful actor. Thomas felt really proud and honored about working with him. And so were you, you were so proud of him. You talked for half an hour or so, about his day and yours, that you felt weird, being alone in his home, etcetera. Before you hung up, you whispered that you loved him and he answered with 'I love you to, darling. Sweet dreams.'
You put the phone down and crawled into bed. You were so tired, you almost immediately fell asleep after this exciting day.

***

That week you arranged that you from now on would work part time. The concert would be in 2 months, so you had enough time to write songs and rehearse.

***

You had much inspiration for songs, and the words just flew out of you. Some songs seemed potential, others however, didn't so ended up in the trash. You loved doing different things throughout the weeks that followed, giving motorcycle lessons, writing songs, rehearsing with the band, now and then a party (you didn't drink or did anything stupid, for Thomas), doing administration, having shifts behind the bar. Keeping busy was the key, otherwise you would miss him to much. You talked over the phone often, but it was different then being with him, in his arms. Sometimes it was hard and you felt like you wanted to let go, drink, do something stupid. But you didn't for him. Every two weeks you went to the psychologist, which helped loads.

Jake stayed out of your way and really did his best as it seemed, so that was good.