Chapter 45

You arrived at Bangkok at noon. When you got our baggage and walked trough the doors into the fresh air, it felt like you walked into a wall of warmth. It was so hot out, woah!
Thomas took your hand and together you arranged a cab to take you to the hotel.

The way our cab drove to the hotel was alarming. You couldn't watch, you were so scared. He drove (1) above the speed limit (2) totally ignored all drivers rules (3) just like all other cars and (4) you didn't die in the airplane, maybe now was your time.

Thomas sat shotgun next to the taxi driver and turned to face you. He chuckled when he saw me really scared. 'Nothing's going to happen, darling!' He turned to the driver and gestured him to slow down; he didn't speak any English. The man nodded and glared towards me in the mirror, then started to laugh. The situation was beyond bizarre.

***
You arrived at the hotel - you can easily call it a resort - and the receptionist showed you to your room.
The room was big, with a king sized bed, make-up table, fridge, TV, huge bathroom and a balcony with a two chairs on it. And, thank god, a air-conditioner. You immediately turned it on. You were sweating like crazy. Not charming.
Thomas chuckled and placed his suitcase on the floor. He opened the fridge and grabbed champagne out of it. 'Let's celebrate.' Thomas said smirking and you walked towards the make-up table to get the champagne glasses. They were standing on a tray along with a water cooker and two tea cups. (Who would drink tea if it's so hot outside?)

***
You drank our champagne on the balcony and decided to walk through Bangkok, searching for a place to eat something tonight. You had brought the Lonely Planet of Thailand with you so you knew which neighborhood you wanted to go.

You went to the 'Khao San Road' in a Tuc Tuc, which was quit exciting. The 'Khao San Road' is a street with little markets and places to eat. It was quit busy, especially with young people. You held Thomas' hand while you slowly walked by stalls. A man started to talk to you and handed you a weird glow-in-the-dark object. It flew out of your hand and you looked up, following the neon pink object climbing high in the sky. You smiled and glared at Thomas. The man tapped you on your shoulder.
'Boi - sheep' you didn't really understand him, until you thought he might mean buy, it's cheap. You shook your head apologizing and continued walking. There was so much to see, so much weird and fun stuff you could buy at this market.

The market smelled really good as well, BBQ. You and Thomas both bought a really good looking chicken leg and some Phad Thai which is fried noodles - delicious! You hadn't eaten much this day, only a way to sweet peace of bread on the airport.

That night you went straight to the hotel after spending two hours walking over the Khao San and other parts of Bangkok. You were so tired and it was so hot, so you were looking forward to the cold hotel room with king sized bed.