Chapter 46

You woke up around 8 am. Last night you'd talked all night with Thomas, drinking champagne and beer. You made love to each other and you fell asleep in his arms.
You glared at Thomas, still sleeping, facing you. You were really excited about today, you would go and see the high lights of Bangkok, starting with the Grand Palace. You were advised to do that in the morning, because it's too hot around noon. You got out of bed and got a short, refreshing shower. You pulled on a red strapless maxi dress. In the palace you would have to conceal your shoulders, so you grabbed a black, thin scarf an put in your shoulder bag along with a big bottle of water, the Lonely Planet and your sunglasses.

After you put your make-up on, you woke Thomas up. You kissed him good morning and he was ready soon enough after taking a short shower and pulling his clothes on. You pulled my black sandals on and you were ready. You ate breakfast in a narrow street next to your hotel: delicious fresh fruit. It was so good! Fruit this fresh you hadn't tasted before.

***
The Grand Palace was really busy but oh, so beautiful! The beautiful golden parts but also the colorful mosaic parts were amazing. You lit incense at a chapel and talked to a really nice (and young!) monk who told you all about the origin of this palace. It was really interesting.

You and Thomas took lots and lots of pictures together like real tourists and walked through the palace hand in hand. He made pictures of you posing and you took pictures of him posing and you had a lot of fun.

Until the Thais paparazzi showed. Apparently Thomas is quit famous, even in Thailand! You suddenly were surrounded by Thais teens while people started photographing you from far. You felt really uncomfortable but Thomas kept calm and nice to his fans. It was a group of students in their uniform and they wanted you to take photos of Thomas and them while they posed a 100 different poses. They couldn't really talk English properly but there was one really nice and smart girl who you talked to while Thomas continued making selfies with his fans. She knew exactly who you were but this time it didn't creep you out that much.

When the girls walked away Thomas took your hand and we walked to the exit, to avoid more paparazzi and to grab lunch. You were done at the palace anyway, you'd been there for three hours. You still felt like we hadn't seen everything, though, it was so big! Not that it mattered: you were starving and so thirsty. It was really starting to get hot out.

You ate lunch (fried rice, it's quite usual to eat three times a warm meal a day here in Thailand) and you decided to spend your midday on the other side of the river, where you had to take a boat trip over the lake for to get. You walked over a cute little market, drank a watermelon shake at a little place and visited another impressing temple.
All with all, an amazing midday.