Chapter 57

The last two weeks before Thomas left for the Scorch Trials were really nice, you did fun things in the weekend and after work. A road trip, going to the fair, walks on the beach and lot of motorcycle trips.

The night before Thomas had to go, you couldn't sleep. Kaya was asleep in the guest room, you would drive them both to the airport. You turned around in bed and glared at Thomas. He was asleep, making soft sounds as he moved towards you. Oh, you would miss him. After half an hour of gazing at Thomas, like a creep, you finally fell asleep.

You woke up to the sound of your phone, beeping. You were immediately clearly awake, even though it was so early: 4:30 am. There was a weird and uncomfortable feeling in your stomach as you woke up Thomas. He groaned. 'Not yet.' He whispered, and turned around.
'I'm sorry darling, but if you don't get ready now, you're going to miss your plane.'
Thomas groaned and sat up in bed and turned towards you. 'Good morning.' He kissed your lips and grinned. His hair was a mess and he looked super sleepy. You got up and quickly got dressed and put some make-up on. You heard Kaya get out of the shower and went downstairs to make some coffee while Kaya and Thomas got ready.

They got downstairs after 15 minutes, and I gave them a mug of coffee. 'Excited?' You asked them and Kaya nodded enthusiastic. 'I'm looking forward to see everyone again, and the new cast! It'll be fun.'
You nodded and smiled while you took a sip of your tea, you would go back to bed when you were home again after dropping them off.
'Yeah me to, I'll miss you though.' Thomas took your hand over the table.
You smiled and swallowed hard, trying not to cry.
'I'll miss you guys.' You said. 'But come on, drink up before we leave to late.'

***
It was hard saying goodbye to Thomas, you kissed him hard and held him for a while before he went. 'Have fun and good luck, darling.' You said.
You hugged Kaya and placed a kiss on her cheek. 'Have fun, love.' You said and wiped away your tears.
'I'm sorry.' You said and grinned.
'Come here.' Thomas wiped the rest of your tears away and hugged you one last time. 'Bye, darling.'

And they walked away, through the gates. They waved one more time, then walked away, leaving you behind. You stood there until they were out of sight, then returned to the car.