IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT

Assalamualaikum GKBK family! I'll get straight to the point-

I am pleased to announce there will be a Good-Kid Bad-Kid spin-off! It won't require new readers to have read this book but will be set in the same world of gangs and all. It is my pleasure writing piece and will be updated whenever I feel like it because I intend to be serious about Amatullah. I know I few of you have requested a sequel but I believe that will ruin the story, so have decided on this instead :)
Here is the beginning, doesn't give away much but I hope that when it progresses you will all enjoy it. It has a name, just have to finalize it inshaAllah! It will be based on the kidnapping of the orphan Zahra, and the alluring persona of Ali, part Cedochi leader's personal guard.

Here goes:
Zahra's feet skimmed over the grass, their bare soles almost soundlessly hitting the soft earth. It had started raining and she'd soon be sinking in mud. Usually when she ran she felt free and content, but this was no morning jog- there were strange men in suits after her.

They had arrived at Winchester Girl's Boarding School at the crack of dawn just after she'd prayed fajr, asking for her. No one else was awake except for the night time receptionist- even the security guard had dosed off. She'd quietly woken Zahra up, although she looked worried. Zahra had approached them with a polite smile, but the moment the first man saw her they exchanged no greetings or introduction but tried to detain her.

But Zahra was a runner.

The fastest in her school perhaps, being  of average height and extremely light build. She'd burst through the front doors of the administration office as the guard was jolted awake and took off across the gigantic field. The men did not hesitate to bolt after her and on a backward glance she could see them all in some kind of formation, their black suit coats flapping in the wind. She felt slight relieved seeing as she had this much ground on them, but she knew she couldn't keep running forever. She had absolutely no idea where she was planning on going and what refuge an orphan could possibly find beyond those scarlet gates. Besides, there was a fence she had to climb over and that would no doubt slow her down.

She approached it, mustering in all her might as she launched herself forward to leap on to it. Her hands caught the slippery bars and she hoisted herself up, praying she could somehow make it on the otherwise before they caught on. She spared a glance behind her and gasped as one of the men drew a gun from his coat pocket and aimed at her, her heart paralyzing in fear.
"La ilaha illallah muhammadur-"
Bang!

Zahra gasped as a strange fire spread in her right shoulder, blinking hard in the rain. Her hands involuntarily loosened on the bars and she felt herself falling but had blacked out before she even hit the ground.