Gerard Way {Requested} (fluff)

ThatwomanfromUNCLE

First Chair High School AU
~~~~~

"Alright, now that the seniors are dead to us," your teacher began, "I have quite a few empty first chairs." When you'd walked into the classroom, he'd taken every section without a first chair and made them stand against the wall. The flutes and the drums were the only ones still sitting.

"And I'm going to be picking first chairs for next year now. Based on what I have seen from all of you." He began to go down the line, allowing you all to sit down. The guitarist were last, so you and the four other people in your band class who played the guitar were leaned against the back wall. You knew it was between you and Gerard. You knew it without a doubt and you also knew that you and Gerard were about to get in a fight when the period ended. He was staring at you and you glared right back at him. The bell rang before your teacher got to the last four groups and you walked out of the classroom, leaving Gerard behind, who rolled his eyes when you disappeared into the crowd. 

-/-/-/-/-

"Mum, I'm home!" you called. She was probably working and wouldn't answer you. You walked upstairs and dumped your bag on your bed, sitting cross legged on the floor to pull your phone out of your pocket. You saw a text from Gerard and ignored it, calling your best friend first.

"Hey."

"Hey, Mr. Drew is picking first chairs today and since Missy graduated, it's between me and Way." Your friend laughed on the other end.

"Don't make fun of me, this is a serious thing in my life," you whined.

"Gerard's too cute," she replied, "I gotta go, but call me when you have any news." You sighed and checked the text.

Gerard Way: May the best win

You groaned and distracted yourself with your homework

-/-/-/-/-

When you got to school in the morning you noticed that Gerard didn't go to his locker, which was next to yours, as usual. You also noticed that he didn't so much as look at your through the morning. He didn't sit at your table during lunch, taking a seat with his brother and friends. And then came the dreaded period of Band. By that time you'd been jittery all day. 

"Violins," Mr. Drew said. He called a name and they all took their seats again. Then it was the guitarists. He called from the back forward, meaning he called the other two guitarists and left the first two seats open, you and Gerard standing in front of him. He looked at both of you.

"So I had a hard time with this choice." You sighed internally knowing he was doing it just because you two were standing a few feet apart and had been glaring at one another for the last twenty minutes. 

"(Y/N), second chair. Gerard, first chair." You took your seat begrudgingly and got through the rest of last period. When it ended, and before you could get up, Gerard turned around.

"Sorry, babe." You huffed and he stood up and stuck out a hand.

"Come on, we had a movie planned anyway." You pouted and Gerard laughed, wrapping an arm around you.

"You didn't think I'd be really mad, did you?" You sighed when he kissed your cheek.

"No not really." You rolled your eyes and let him steer you out of the classroom. Your friend was standing outside waiting for you to come out.

"So who got first chair?" You nodded to Gerard, who smiled and squished you into a hug. You friend crinkled her nose.

"You two are gross, did I ever tell you that?" 

"Just every day since I asked her out two years ago," Gerard replied, "We have a movie to catch." 

~~~~~~

Sorry that this took me so long to come up with. But I just got out of school so hopefully I'll be writing more. Hope you liked this and requests are open now :) Send some to me

Peace, Love, Summer

--

Shivi