Milling around

Nyx had a pounding headache by the time she returned home.
And that wasn't all.
Rachel was definitely not happy.
"And what time do you call this?"

"It's not like it's late, mum." Nyx groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose.
"You missed dinner, young lady."

Nyx shrugged. "I'm not that hungry anyway. I think I'll go to bed."
Rachel grabbed her arm. "Come on, Little bird, what's wrong?"

"I've got a splitting headache, that's what. And I think I lost track of time because of it, which I am so sorry, by the way." Nyx kneaded her forehead with the heel of her hand. "Got any painkillers?"
Rachel nodded. "I've got your dinner as well, if you want it. So, what were you doing for five and a half hours?"
"Uh... shopping."
"Cool, what did you buy?"
"Absolutely nothing. I couldn't find anything I liked."

Rachel chuckled, ruffling Nyx's hair fondly. Nyx mock-scowled, smoothing it down with one hand.
"Selene's out again, God knows where, Nick's... milling around upstairs and Travis... is milling around the front room." Rachel chuckled. "So, what are you going to do?"
"Mill around with Travis."

She found Travis in the living room, playing video games on the TV.
"Hey, can I join?"
"Suit yourself." He gestured to the second controller.

Nyx furrowed her brow. "Hey, what's wrong?"
Travis shook his head. "Nothing."

Gently, she placed a hand on his shoulder. "No, seriously, you can tell me."
"Selene and Nick had a fight, again. God, she's such a bitch! It's like, she just can't let it go! I don't think she can stand the fact that Nick's over her. I mean, yeah, they were good together, but by the time they actually broke up, he told me himself that he didn't mind. She's just trying to make him pay."

Nyx put her arm around her big brother. "This is hurting you, isn't it?"
"He's my best mate. Of course it hurts."