Mirror Mirror

Maddie gasped when she saw Abby, smiling so brightly. "She's... She's beautiful."

Nyx held Abby up to the glass. "I'm sorry you can't hold her. I'm working on it, honest."

Maddie held her hand up to the glass, flat against the surface. Abby gurgled happily, before laying her hand on the mirror, trying to reach her mum through the glass.
Maddie smiled sadly. "Hey, Abby. I'm your mama."

"Mama."

Everyone froze. Then Nyx spoke to Abby. "Did you just say 'mama'?"

"Ma...ma..ma..ma!" Squealed Abby, bouncing up and down happily in Nyx's arms, playing with her new word. "Ma...ma..ma...ma..ma..!"

"Okay, so are you recognising her as your mother or just playing with a new sound?"
Maddie laughed. "I don't care! My baby's safe! My baby's talking! My baby!"
She turned to Nyx. "Thank you so much. You've done so much for me."

Nyx shrugged. "Nah, it was fun. Oh, and Cody and your family missed you so much..."
"How is my Cody?" She interrupted.
Nyx shrugged again. "Currently being looked after by your cousin, Julianna, last I checked."

"So he's safe too. Oh, good God, I'm so happy! I never thought I'd see my babies again!"
"Well, you will. We always knew it. And one day, you'll probably have your body back, too. I'm sorry I couldn't do that for you."

"What do you mean, 'sorry'? I'm alive! I can see! I can hear! I just can't touch."

Nyx thought. "Actually, there might be a way..."
Gently, she held her hand up to the glass. Suddenly, it rippled, like water, as her hand sunk into the depths of the mirror. She carefully took Maddie's hand and drew it backwards, out of the mirror.

Her skin was glassy, her arm transparent, but it was solid and it was real. Still holding her wrist, Nyx drew Maddie's hand over to Abby. "Hey, Abby. Shake mama's hand."