Dilemma

"Evelyn, I think I've got it."

"Good." Evelyn said, releived. Soon, she would be in her laboratory, and then she could start working on a potential cure. Although, currently, she had no idea how. Finding a cure could take a long time, and she didn't know how long they had.

Nick chuckled down the phone. "Seriously, did you doubt me? You sound a bit too releived, if you get what I mean."

"Just stop lollygagging and come open the gate."

The sound of Nick's feet on metal flooring as he walked back up the laboratory steps echoes faintly down the phone, suddenly followed by a thump!
Evelyn jumped. "Nick, are you alright? What was that?"

"Don't panic, that was just me forgetting which way the door opens. Sorry. I... Hey! It's not opening any way! Damn it, I think it's jammed. Hold on, I'll have to put you down a sec, I think I need both hands."

"Wait, what's happening?" Travis said, eyes wide with fright. "Is he okay?"

"The idiots just jammed the door. Absolutely nothing​ to worry about, except for the fact he's potentially stuck himself under a house full of demons. Seriously, it's fine." Evelyn said, voice going high-pitched and sarcastic.

Second later, Nick was back on the phone. "Nope, definitely stuck. Shit. What do I do now?"
Evelyn groaned. "How I thought this would be quicker than hunting​ down bolt cutters at two in the morning is beyond me. Nick, you sure there's no way you can get them open? Because we can't get in at all, and we certainly can't open it without making a scene, if it is as stuck as you say."

"Nope, it's not budging."

Evelyn groaned. "Oh God. There's nothing for it. He's going to have to go through the house."