You broke your promise

Chapter 27

It's been four whole day's since I've last seen Marshall. Four whole days since he promised to come check up on me and make sure I was ok. Yeah so much for not breaking your promise dumb fuck. Ok maybe that was a little harsh but I was beyond pissed at him. He's forever busy with Kim and even Proof was getting pissed at him.

I was mad that he chose that lying and cheating bitch over us but then again they say love is blind. And it didn't help that Marshall already needed glasses. I sighed and decided to call Becky since I had nothing better to do and it was her day off.

"Hello?" She said in a cheery voice after the third ring.

"At least one of us is in a good mood." I said into the phone with a sigh.

"What crawled up your ass and dies?" She asked me with a giggle.

"Kim and Marshall." I said with disgust. Ok ever since Marshall and I slept together, it's not like I hate Kim but yeah I just really don't like her.

"You fucking joking right?" She asked me and I can just picture her shocked face. I told her all about Kim and the ups and downs her and Marshall had. "Why on earth will he go back to her? I swear if someone cheated on me the first time that is it for us."

"I'm with you on that one. But he I guess he loves her Becks. So there's not much any of us can dp about it." I said twirling the cord around my finger.

"And you guys? Have you like you know? Talked about the other night?" She asked me and I knew she was fishing for some gossip. I giggled and shook my head.

"No, there's nothing to say Becks. We were both drunk and high and made a mistake." I said with a shrug.

"Is that what it was to you? A mistake?" She asked and I could hear the frown in her voice. I bit my lip and closed my eyes. That might was anything but a mistake to me.

"No." I said softly with a shaky voice. "But it was a mistake to him."

"And how do you know that?" She asked in her bitchy tone.

"Because I know Marshall Becky.I'm his best friend and that's all I'll ever be." I said trailing off.

"Come on Ky. Stop feeling so sorry for yourself and just talk to the guy. Tell him how you feel. What's there to lose?" She asked and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Uh our friendship. Becky, I'd rather have him in my life as just a friend than not at all." I said making her sigh with frustration.

"Well then I don't know what to tell you." She said and then we were both silent for a little. "So uh when's the hearing?" She asked me.

"Tomorrow." I said in monotone. I told Becky everything about my dad and the hearing and how he got in prison in the first place.

"Are you going to go?" She asked softly.

"Fuck no. I want nothing to do with that fucking piece of shit." I said getting angry at the thought of seeing him again.

"I'm sorry Ky, but let me know what happens. Oh yeah you might get a call soon from one of the schools. They called here earlier and I gave them your number there so yeah." Becky said lightening the mood a little with her good news.

"Ok thanks Becks." I smiled and then glanced at the door as there was a knock. "I need to go. There's someone here. Bye Becky." I said hanging up and then calling out an "I'm coming!" as I walked to the door. "I'm sorry, but do I know you?" I asked with a frown.

"Very funny Ky." Marshall said rolling his eyes at me as I kept a straight face. I was mad at him and a little hurt that he just forgot about me like that. "Can I come in or?"