P O S S E S S I V E N E S S

Kurapika's P.O.V
"So...what you're saying is... I'm promoted as one of the high executives?"

The CEO have personally summoned me in his office, offering a tricky deal.

"That's right. You have the potential I needed for a trustful worker. Young man, Kurapika Kurta. I shall give you a once in a lifetime opportunity.. I can certainly pass my company's future to you without worries." He lit his cigarette, jerking his chin up before setting his stern gaze on me.

"I thought the Nostrade's heiress was Neon?" I asked, baffled and surprised about the news.

"Well, in this main headquarters, of course. However, I'm quite unsure. I'll see if she's suited." He puffed out a smoke.

"What I'm saying is... I'll send you working at Uk, where one of my huge businesses is. I'll cover for the expenses and all all you need." He briefly explained.

....

I released a breath.

"Boss, can you give me time to think about it." I was unable to reply any but this.

"Take your time." He replied shortly. "You're like a son to me now."

"Thank you, boss." I stood from the posh seat, politely bowing before I leave.

It's a tempting offer.

But I'm greatly concerned about her.

I've been by her side for several years... I can't just leave her like that.

Having the romantic relationship makes everything a lot more complicated.

My legs felt heavy. I can literally feel the massive weight I'm carrying on my shoulders— the duties I must fulfill.

....But... (Y/n).. is... just as important as it is. I deeply care for her.

Can she even handle long distance relationship?

I groaned, tightening my tie as I trod and return to my department, looking sharply ahead and living up everyone's expectation— the exceptional and youngest professional in the establishment.

~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I'm allowed to do this once in a while right?? Taking care of him is my job— As a lovely girlfriend~

I prepared an extra delicious bento for him. ❤️

Today, he woke way earlier than I thought. I haven't had the chance to make him his lunch.

It's a Saturday and I've got free time— Pft. But I'm always free when it comes to him~

I made my way towards the information counter...

And as I do, I just practically slipped on their spotless floor.

"The food!" My hands automatically extends for it.

*Phew* "Saved." I've successfully protected my lover's nourishment. "Erm..." I looked at the sturdy arm supporting my waist, like I'm a hanging laundry.

The man chuckled and assisted me back on my feet. "Putting that first before yourself is not really a good choice, miss." He had a nice smile "And by the way.." He pointed at the sign. "There's a slippery caution at the side."

"Oh.. right. Um. I'm not actually an airhead. Just got a little excited to see him." I awkwardly laughed, scratching the back of my head as I bowed in gratitude.