B L I S S

Kurapika's P.O.V

With the help of authorities and special agencies, I finally retrieved her within two days— Although my efforts truly made it happen.

The enemy didn't even take long to get in contact.

We had grave negotiations, and his identity remained anonymous.

I wasn't just facing a regular group of criminals— He's outrageously wise.

If it's one of the hefty dark organizations I'm facing.... then I have no choice but to make a painful move.

"Will you able to forgive me?" I whispered to the girl who's laying unconscious on bed. I gently ran a hand through her hair, hoping she would soon recover.

I won't let those fools escape just like that...

If they returned her unscathed, I would've tried to capture them alive...

But that's not the case now, is it?

I'll kill those bastards...

. . . .

"Kurapika? Thanks for looking after her." The shameless parents had the audacity to act their role now that her life's been threatened.

Visiting three times a day in her first day of hospital admission wouldn't suffice their sins.

"Let's have a talk ma'am, sir..." I got off the seat and greeted them with a fake smile, ushering them in the suite's living area.

We talked as we drink coffee, facing each other across the small table.

"We just want to let you know that we were the ones to blame. She's our own kid yet we failed to protect and guide her for years." Her mother spoke in a cracking tone.

"We financially supported her and all.... but didn't really had a bond with her. She didn't get to experience the warmth of a family since her mother and I got divorced and had our own families.... Yet, you fulfilled her comfort and happiness since then. We're indebted and thankful for that.." The father expressed, guilt all over their faces.

"We didn't expect her to be in such condition." The woman cried as the man pats her back.

My eyes narrowed in disgust.

"It's good you knew how terribly you both treated your daughter." I answered calmly, trying to sound polite as I can be. "But don't talk as if you're about to hand me her adoption papers."

"Wha-"

"Please act like her real parents from now on. She'll in a miserable situation if she keeps sticking around me." I remarked.

They looked at me in disbelief.

"I'll excuse myself for an urgent business." I sipped the last drop of coffee before I fetch my coat, checking the time on my watch.

"Notify the doctor and I.. if she regained consciousness. And I would like to steal her for days if that's okay with you? Those days were going to be my last here before I leave the country." I frankly informed.

"Erm... We understand but... will you come back?" They asked.

"Please don't speak a word about this to her. I'll be the one to tell (Y/n)." I flashed a weary smile. "And I would.... Likely... come back.... probably." I replied then left.