T H E | P I N N A C L E

Third Person's P.O.V

"Caren!!" (Y/n) desperately yearned her back, yet the unknown force pinned her away, creating a boundary

"Don't cry. Soon, you'll conquer the pinnacle along with Kurapika." Her translucent skin gleamed along with her bedroom's curtain.

"Why? Why?! Tell me what happened! Did you willingly died from the hands of the killer?!—Tell me they're wrong.."

"Caren, you're too young to end your life! Please come back.." She sobbed, grovelling.

"I can't live without you... I'm a hopeless older sister. I always cry.. Come on, you're my one and only sister... Don't leave me.. I can't accept this. I love you so much... Don't go.." Her tears streamed constantly as she mourned deeply.

"Please welcome a new ally. Through him, I gave you all my support." She clasped her hands, whispering a blessing like she'd become the guardian angel herself.  "Please live a happy life with Kurapika..."

It felt like she only lived for this moment— After all, there's no greater passion than offering your life to the person you love.

~

(Y/n) springs up from her tear stained pillow, brushing her covers away and awakening from the fuzzy, yet painful dream.

"Caren.."

Dazed from the lucid experience, she wept once more.

For the grieving girl, her mornings still felt like a huge nightmare.

She could only ever pull herself together after she's enfolded into a familiar and soothing presence. "Sshh." Kurapika ensures her bruised heart every now and then, gently tucking her under the covers with him.

His wounds would also burrow deeper every time he saw her like this. And it cut him more when he realised the depth of despair she must've had over his fake death.

"I'm here..." He embraced her body closer.

Soon, (Y/n) fell back asleep.

Acceptance would've been impossible without him by her side.

Briefly stepping out for business, Kurapika slides back into the Nostrade's headquarters, relentlessly pursuing for the young culprit that vanished into thin air.

The child was no longer attending schools and he wasn't living in their registered residence that kept his uncle's rotten corpse.

Kurapika was getting farther and farther from the search with the insufficient intel.

"What about Neon's fiancé? He's behind the whole underground world." Leorio confidently thought, running his brain hard by the idea.