L I B E R A T E D

—2 days later

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I curled my fingers inward, slipping my fists in the boxing gloves. After gearing myself, I bent my knees low and stepped a foot back for a stance.

He's alive...

He lied.

Why would he?!..

The weight vanished from my chest but it was still hurting.

Harnessing force, I threw straight-right punch to the sandbag.

I can't bring him home using words anymore...

"Barging in our mansion like it's your own... Good thing I was near the gates." Killua held the punch bag as I continued to swing heavy blows. "And now you want me to train you to fight?? I know what you feel but... let's call it a day. It's been hours, I've taught you the basics—"

I glued my left foot to the ground as my other leg initiates a fast and powerful kick, rocking the sandbag along with Killua who surprisingly budged from his spot. "What's wrong coach? Aren't you slacking too much just because I'm a girl?" I smirked, fetching my bottled water to drink.

Kurapika... You're doing it again...

Leaving me behind... For the same reason...

"Tsk. Don't get cocky for a lucky shot." He suddenly went serious, wearing boxing pads in his hands. "In a real fight, the enemy is moving."

"Oh.. So you wanna taste my punches now?" I provoked, giving consistent jabs and whacks to the flailing pads.

"Other than different martial arts, you need to know how to use knives and guns and other weaponry tools. You just studied these stuffs lately and you're still far from a professional. Why would you—"

"Because he's alive." I pulled the punches, lowering my fists.

"(Y/n)..."

"Don't look at me like that." I raised back a fist, targeting his gut instead of the equipment, striking for a real hit.

Obviously, the skilled male dodged it, removing his punch-pads as he swiftly grabbed my arm, slamming me down to the cushioned mat.

"That stunt could've dealt you serious damage if your opponent chose to counter it offensively. Don't be stubborn." He warns.

This guy can't stop underestimating me...

I continued to gaze up intensely while I lay my back flat on the ground, panting.

Both of us were soaked in our own sweat.

"(Y/n)-"

"You can't stop me."

He sighed. "Let's say I believe you... How did you even know he's alive?" He sits right beside me, fanning his body with his shirt. "I swear if that's your own—"

"Remember the guy with your brother and Chrollo that night?" I stared up the ceiling.

He instantly aimed his eyes on me. "Hisoka..."