S C A R R E D

Author's P.O.V

"Done."

"Put some more!~" You grumbled.

"With that amount of sun-screen, I'm sure you won't get sunburned." He deadpanned..

"Just kidding.. Your hands felt great on my skin that's why- *ahem* It's past noon! Hurry up!!" Th energetic girl dragged the aloof guy out of the sunbathing chair which's shaded by coconut trees.

On to the white sand they ran, basking with sunshine, leaving footmarks on the fine-grained sediment. "Good thing there's not much people here." Says Kurapika, flashing a warm smile.

Such a refreshing summer vibes.

"I'd have trouble if girls hit on you, you know.." (Y/n) playfully sticked her tongue out.

You walked with your beloved hand in hand, transferring your heat on the almost cold finger tips of his. "I'm not really the flashy type.... But yours is totally flashy... erm..The swimsuit... Why pick that style?" He muttered, halting and tracing his eyes on the thin fabric that embraced your curves.

"Oh come on. There's no way I'd wear a dull swimwear when I'm with you. Hehe~" You flipped your hair to the back, rubbing off sloppy temptation as you placed a hand on you hip.

"A student like you doesn't have that much sex appeal." He snorted, shrugging his arms.

"HUH?!" 💢 Your confidence cracked, crumbling as you shy away. "D-do you know h-how much courage I have t-to muster just to wear this outrageous bikini for you?! Y-you jerk!"

"You're really going for it aren't you?" He stripped his shirt off and suddenly pulled you in the shallow waters, finally soaking in the cool beach. "We're here to chill not the other way right? This naughty side of yours never fails to entice me so quit it." He playfully splashed water on you.

"Fine. Fine." You pouted, splashing bigger waves on him.

*Time-skips*

The bliss and fun passed by when the sun starts to hide from the horizon.

"Hey! I think we should take a break-" You surfaced up on land, dripping wet.

. . .

"Kurapika??" Your eyes went shifty all over the waters.

Big cumulonimbus clouds starts blocking the sunny atmosphere.

All it took was hours for the lovely weather to fade.

You just realised that and the smile on your lips left, appalled.

Where did he go?

Where is he??

Wind arises, washing the sands, making every leaves dance as a coconut fell from its tree while the waves turned high. Everything felt off and before you knew, you were in the monotonous zone.

"Hey! Kurapika! Where are you??" Did he return to our beach house by himself?

I didn't notice...