C O N F R O N T I N G .5

Third Person's P.O.V

"Ah~" Her eyes twinkled in delight.

"Don't. Let's go home."

"No! I want it chocolate... I want chocolate!" The little girl rumbles a tantrum.

"No."

"Then the strawberry shortcake!"

"I said no."

"Blueberry cheesecake—"

"You just had tonsillitis last week.. Not to mention, you got nothing but toothaches these days." He yanked her hoodie, dragging away the stubborn girl.

"Nooo... I was having a rough day at school.. so at least let me have this treat!" She cried, releasing consistent sobs as she rubs her teary eyes.

He's just a simple man who cares a lot for her precious health, but when the girl starts to cry, he knew he'd lose the quarrel. "Excuse me.. How much for that slice?"

"100 jenny, sir."

"Here... Now stop crying, (Y/n)." He pets her head, giving the small box of her joy.

"Yey!~~"

~

"It's raining.." He viewed the skies by their glassy windows.

"It'll stop by the afternoon." She smiles.

"Mhn.. I don't think so.. Can't you hear the thunders?" His answer washed her bright expression away.

"But... But... you promised to bring me to the amusement park.."

The blond man sighed, placing his books aside. "I did.. but look how strong the rain is... News said there'll be storm."

She started to grew out mushrooms of gloom, sulking by the corner. "Do something... Mmhnnn..." She puffed her cheeks, tears poking in the corner of her eyes..

"Don't you start whining... We're staying home. Let's just—"

"Nnnooooo! My birthday's in the next month! You have to make your promise come true!" She stomped the ground.

"Oh God. You're so spoiled!"

"Let's go.. Let's go.. Let's goo... Let's gooo!!"

Again, he loses from the petty squabble. "Damn kid. Alright. Fine!"

"YAY!!" She danced around.

"But it's not amusement park."

"Ehh?!"

"Let's just go somewhere where it's more covered." He starts to call for reservations.

"Alright!"

~

"Hey (Y/n), you should come out and eat. I brought your favourite snack."

"Come on, you can't skip school and meals for days... I'm worried."

.....

"I'm fine! You don't need to get worried! I'm a grown up lady!"

...

"Will you be my girlfriend? Let's see how it'll turn out."

~

Every round was won by (Y/n) no matter what case it was...

He'll fall soft the moment they fought with each other...  getting swallowed in her own pace.

He had never actually rejected her...

~

But things suddenly went south ...

His looks expresses no affection...

He's more distant than a stranger...

He's just gone ice-cold...

...

Everything.... reversed.

"I'll marry Chrollo."

"....You never change, (Y/n)." Kurapika suppressed even the most shallow emotion he felt.

She turns away from his voiding gaze. "You think I'm faking it?... You always let me win when I was a brat— You'd always give effort. I'm just returning the deed. And I'm also willing to take as much as effort and trouble to get you freedom."

...

"We could just kill them and get back together for a happy ending. But this runs deeply than I expected." A psychotic look emerged on her face. "So I'll do this... I'll make sure to kill his friends slowly. Marry him. Force to have kids with him and torment them all for the rest of their lives. It'll be a lifetime worth of revenge. Their souls won't be able to rest even in the afterlife."

"Don't." He smouldered, roughly grabbing her by the wrist and pulling her close to his face.

"...But I love you too." She struggled from his tight grip.

"Are you really picking a real fight?... I can't believe you'd go this far." His glaring eyes shone into bright scarlet. "You'll never marry him and I'll never be yours."

The woman shivered as she shut her eyes, petrified by his next words.

"Enough, (Y/n). Just let go.... You want to repay the deed you say... Then just get out of my life and do nothing for me!"

He practically killed the person he considered his own life.

"I never forced nor asked you to give me home in the first place!! You just let me in then throw me out of your life just like this?! How dare you?! I hate you!!" Emotions completely ruined her.

"....(Y/n).. I didn't asked you to fall in-love with me either.. didn't I?"

"Kurapika, if you could just tell me you hate me, I'd stop and listen to you. Tell me how much you hated and regretted everything that happened between us!"

By the time he released her hand, she instantly ran away, cutting their bonds apart.

...

To be continued...