H O P E L E S S

Author's P.O.V

The call jammed up.

"Kurapika..." You cried, holding the ruined phone on your chest.

On the other line...

"F*ck!" He roughly slammed his hands on the car's helm, fuelled with anger. "Please... please.. be safe... just a little bit longer..."

The police had barely caught up with the intense chase while Kurapika was still in a persistent pursuit for his abducted girlfriend.

Kurapika's P.O.V

If only I had been by her side...

If I just insisted to do the grocery together...

If I have just focused an attention to her...

If I had just called her in the right time...

All of this wouldn't happen...

Thoughts of regret flooded my mind as I rushed towards her last recorded route.

What the hell happened??

There's only two possible explanations for this...

Either the phone malfunctioned under circumstances.... Or worst case scenario... if she was already found out...

"Damn it!"

I was running out of gasoline.

Hurry...

Hurry...

I need to hurry...

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

"Stop!-" I was currently getting dragged out of the car. It's the same guy again. He was grabbing a handful of my hair as he tries to transfer me into a different vehicle.

"Giving us more trouble huh?..." He scoffed and kicked the trunk with white paint still dripping on it. "You?! You f*cking did this??!"

"How clever of you." She lit herself a cigarette.

"Look what you've made us do!! It's because of you! We killed a civilian." He blamed with a horrifying expression, sticking a finger on my temple as he continued to curse at me. "Damn!! Boss will not be impressed by this!"

"It's not like you're concerned about murder." She scoffs. "We just made a couple of miss and had to resolve with necessary options.. Our mission would still be a success, because I'm here. The police are up our ass too.." She made a brief phone call.

So, it's just the two of them..

I can do this.

I can't take this anymore...

It's now or never...

I can escape.

We're in a certain forest, out of the roadside. They're most likely trying to hide the traces for awhile as they called for backup.