H E R | S I S T E R

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

So I'm about to meet my sister's first crush...

.....

A small puppy love..

"Caren!!" I called out after spotting her near the school gates, stepping out of Kurapika's car.

"Where's the boy?" My tall, blond, and incredibly handsome fiancé slammed his shiny, grey car closed, grabbing students' attention, especially the girls in adolescence.

"I got rejected.." Caren muttered, disheartened.

"He got balls... Want me to teach him a lesson?" He leaned down, patting her head.

"No.. Let's just go home."

"You deserve better than him." I held her hand as we ride back in the vehicle.

It was supposed to be cute. It's like we're married couple, picking up their kid....

But instead, I picked up a foul mood from the atmosphere as we drove in silence.

"He's not pleased with you, (Y/n)." She frankly said, staring out the window. "Do you know why?"

"What? Of course not— Wait. Does he know me?" I briefly looked behind, checking her condition at the back seat. I'm starting to get really concerned. Feels like she's hinting something else...

"You guys are not up to something bad right?" She turned her head and suddenly locked an eye contact with me by the rear-view mirror.

Her unexpected question caught me off guard.

"...Did the kid said something?" Kurapika went straight to the point, placing a hand above mine, caressing it.

"Answer my question first." She demands.

"Well, it depends on what kind of bad stuff you mean. People can't avoid committing sin everyday, especially us adults." He casually replies, driving smoothly and literally.

"We'll talk more about this later at home." Caren mumbles.

I've never seen this child looking stressed like this.

"S-sure... what snacks would you like to have?" I sweetly beckoned with a caring tone, blatantly giving her a bribing impression she didn't find convincing.

"Just serve me fresh and authentic answers from my questions— That'll satisfy me more than any treat.."

.....

"By the way... Who's the boy?" He flipped the conversation, trying to get details.

"Daniel.... And If by chance you're running a background check on him later, may I investigate something as well? I'm just a kid but I can get a more thorough intel than you, Kurapika."

The brilliant pair proceeded to have a hostile battle of indirect interrogation.

"If you're giving the attitude because of a heartbreak, that'd be petty. I'm hearing more of your day later."

"Don't treat me like a brat. I'll be the one listening to your excuses later on."

"Enough you both. What are you accusing us for, Caren?" I scowled. "Did we do something wrong?-"

"Precisely, and it's not just wrong— It's very... very very wrong!" Her sudden pitch of voice startled us. She never has never gotten upset like this.

A pang of pain sinked slowly yet sharply into my chest as I slipped out my hand from Kurapika.

"Don't yell at your sister." My man calmly scolds. "This is also nice.... You're finally acting like a typical kid for once. An early stage of rebellion would mature you more."