E P I L O G U E

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

Awaiting for my release, I've spent my entire time pondering and reading in this facility's library— having tons of reflections and insights like I was travelling back in those certain times.

I flipped the page of the golden book I was about to finish, glad to find this spectacular representation of tragic journey in life.

Kilimanjaro is a snow-covered mountain 19,710 feet high, and is said to be the highest mountain in Africa. Its western summit is called by the Masai 'Ngaje Ngai', the 'House of God'.

Close to the western summit there is the dried and frozen carcass of a leopard. No one has explained what the leopard was seeking at that altitude.' That is from Hemingway's The snows of Kilimanjaro.

When I think of its death—I try to picture that leopard's carcass. Why did he come to those heights—for what? Did he lose his way chasing some prey, and wander into some spot he couldn't escape from? Or was he looking for something else, climbing higher and higher until he used up all his strength and collapsed? I think about which way the carcass was facing... was he trying to get back down—or trying to climb higher? Either way, that leopard knew... that he would never be going back.

[A/N: Credits to "Banana fish" Ya'll need to watch this golden anime if you guys haven't seen it. It's angst at its finest.]

Strangely, this leopard reminded me of Kurapika... and I've come to understand his point of views more and more..

He hunted the Phantom Troupe for more than decades— That was his only goal in life.

Yet, as a human, life always give you unexpected detours, either beautiful or cruel.

The lonely man whose clan perished was blessed with his 3 precious friends.

...

And a girl who'd give him a wholesome love.

However, he already climbed the ordeal of fate...

He couldn't go down from the heights he reached anymore...

The deeper he became involved in the world's darkness, he became much tainted and miserable.

He needed to finish what he had started in order to come home in peace... To come home to us.

But in ex-change to achieve an ending, he had to risk his life...

"Even so, I was never used to seeing him engage with life and death fights." I closed the book and held my head, clearing my mind from the dreadful weight of pain.

Just picturing him fighting and hanging on that thin tread of life right now.. gets me all devastated. It was mortifying.

But I couldn't interfere with someone's personal battle of destiny. No one could.

If he really dies....

I'll stay alive.. praying for him day by day until I pass away myself...

~

*Time-skips*

2 weeks gone by...

The boys couldn't afford to visit me altogether in prison anymore. They had to attend our unfinished businesses with the government and the whole mafia community to finalize the agreements and filing of contracts.