S E E D | OF | F I R E

Third Person's P.O.V

"Good-morning Mrs. (L/n), I'm Caren's friend. I'm here to pick her up for school." The wolf in sheep's clothing greets by their doorstep, smiling like a perfectly naive young boy.

"Wait right there." Caren's mother didn't even tried hiding her exhaustion from work, since she just got home from her night shift in a well-known company.

"Caren! Your friend's here." She leaned by the door, not bothering to let him in as she hoped the kids would just scarce for her to rest.

(Y/n)'s sister gazed at Daniel as if she knew what's about to happen.

"Your dad's finally going home tonight after a week of his business trip. Get home early." She simply informs before shutting the door closed as she let her daughter off the house.

The small girl just silently went along with him.

"What a thoughtful mother." He says in sarcasm.

"You rejected my feelings. Why fetch me in the morning?" She gripped the straps of her back pack.

"I've heard you have over 160 IQ. Stop feinting ignorance." He gave a flippant response, glancing at her as they steadily walked.

"It's about (Y/n)... If you're planning to kill her, give up. Kurapika will send you to hell. If someone tried harming my sister, even if you're a little kid, he won't hesitate to erase you." She snarls. "I'm sorry about your lost but I still believe my sister's got nothing to do with that."

"We'll see." He crossed the opposite road from their school.

"Where are you going?!"

"Follow me." He sternly demands.

"We're skipping school?"

"Who cares about that. It'll be your first and last day of skipping school anyways."

Despite that dark remark, Caren's intuition urged her to follow after him.

The children rode a bus towards a certain destination.

"Where are we going?"

Daniel shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know if you're idiot or smart. You know it'll be a bad thing but you still went with me."

"Don't know? You don't know? Of course you know I'll bite back if keep provoking me. Your IQ results are higher than mine. I saw it." She looked out of the window, crossing her arms.

Brilliant minds but childish words for the two brats.

"I've really liked you. Why did you have to be related to (Y/n)?" He clenched his jaw. Daniel's grudge against (Y/n) weights a lot more than his flimsy romance.

That genuine yet miserable statement made her face him once again.

"I—"

"Shut up." He cuts her off as he observed something else that pissed him.

His ice-cold expression breaks into a soft one, giving out natural innocence as he faked an act. "Old man, you kept gawking at my friend's skirt. What's wrong? Hey.. Tell me?~"