R E S C U E (?)

Pariston's P.O.V

"Who's that?" My niece brought two glasses of cocktails, handing me one.

We're already riding this exclusive and sophisticated ship the moment I've received the unexpected call from Kurta.

"The minute I told him there's a wedding, Kurapika cut the call at instant." I faked a frown then sipped the cold drink. "The nobleman's wedding was supposed to be hidden this time, so I'm surprised he knew about the secret event." Exporting the troupe's another matter since the original purpose was to attend this occasion.

"Oh.." She tried to hide her big smirk but failed to do so.

"(Y/n), what did you tell him?" I threw her a skeptical look.

"Nothing much... I just teased him a bit since he's such a big meanie." She drank the liquor straight.

"So evil, (Y/n)." I knew it.

"You dyed your hair rose-gold? It's gorgeous." I smiled, taking her out on the deck as we enjoy the therapeutic breeze along with some guests.

"Yeah. I curled it nicely too." Her fingers playfully twirled the ends of her hair. "Do I look like a royalty now?" (Y/n)'s exquisite, silky, white dress rustled along coastal winds just like natural waves from the sea.

"I'm afraid I'll have to keep you out of the princes now... More importantly, from the emperor."

"Oh come on, don't flatter me that much~" (Y/n) snickered, boosting her ego.

.....

"First you cut your hair, and now you dye it and all. Do you know the saying that girls cut their hair when they want to be reborn or something?..."

"Yeah. It helps."

"I didn't think you'd answer that way. Usually, you'd be like— Huh? What are you saying?! I'm not that dramatic to try some girly sh*t. Then get all grumpy at me."

Her brows furrowed in disbelief, turning red from embarrassment. "Gross. Did you just mimicked me?! I don't even sound like that. Hmph!"

"Oh... And you painted your nails black?"

"What ever you nosy uncle!"

There we go... The sassy little girl.

I viewed the vast, deep, blue horizon.

Did she get together with Kurapika?...

Or destroyed their precious bond?...

From the looks of this child, it seems that neither happened...

....

*Time-skips*

Third Person's P.O.V

Three uninvited guests snuck in disguise, departing with the sailing ship just in time.

"Just simple fake I.Ds and we're in.." Says the blonde girl, unsatisfied.