I N T E N S E | C H A S E

[Warning: Kidnapping, violence etc.]

Kurapika's P.O.V
"... don't worry I got you... stay on the line with me."

I immediately brought my laptop, storming out of the room with unfinished meeting.

This matter is crucial than any other conference. I went straight down the parking lot basement.

"The trunk's locked. I can't open it." She sobbed.

"Tell me what you can see in that car?" I've already sent a report to the police as I converse with her.

I swear to God... If anything happens to her..

I'll....

No, I'll definitely find her.

Still in contact with police, I rode my car and pulled a desperate multitask— driving with one hand while operating the computer to track her phone.

The most precious person in my life just got Kidnapped.

Anxiety cracked me up and a violent trigger surged within me.

"I see.. a bucket of paint... And..."

She paused as I hear her muffled cries again.

My grip tightened on the wheel, veins popping visibly as my knuckles turned white. You need to keep it together Kurapika...

"A shovel..... They're gonna bury me alive...." Her voice trembled.

My eyes were hot— they were already in ablaze.

"(Y/n)... Listen, is there anything there that can break the side lights of the trunk??" I clenched my jaw, keeping myself levelheaded.

"Mhn..." Banging was all I could hear from the other line.

"I did it.." She responds after a few moments.

"Good girl. Now tell me which highway you're on."

"It's still here in the Yorknew city, on the freeway... Oh no... We're going out of this city...." The poor girl continued to dread.

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes.."

"I'll save you, (Y/n).. No matter what. But I need your help as well okay?" I bit my bottom lip, straining its flesh. "Be strong, you're my girl after all.."

"Kurapika..." She sniffed.

Whoever did this to her... I can't imagine how they'd survive from me...

"Can your arm fit in it? I need you to wave as much as possible."

Third Person's P.O.V

(Y/n) did as she was told to— carefully bringing her arm out and waving it.

She urgently got the attention of the driver next to them.

"Um...Hello? This is an emergency! There's a girl stuck on the maroon car's trunk in front of me." The stranger called 911, getting help.