T H E | O R D E A L

[A/N: Here's the sequence of events..... Let's connect the details..]

>REWIND

Third Person's P.O.V

—(Y/n)'s abduction—

Although his torso's wrapped in bandages, he tenaciously worked on his own, surrounded by monitors.

"Kurapika.." Leorio offers a cup of strong coffee, setting it on his friend's table. "You sure you're fine? Once you've gained consciousness you stubbornly discharged yourself from the hospital... You know Killua, Gon and I were also—"

"Even so, I can't rely from police that much... I've got few trustful friends who investigates there but still..." He sips the hot drink, killing the fatigue in his system.

"Yeah, you can't fully cooperate and work with them... That's because you got yourself involved with illegal businesses-"

"No. There might be a spy. Never mind. I've got more resources... All they have to do is work on papers." He picked his phone and contacts a certain information dealer. "I'll have it my way. Leave me alone, Leorio."

The concerned friend left after releasing a sigh.

It was all a big pressure...

But it's not that long 'till the enemy had indeed communicated with him.

"It's a shame you didn't die by that explosion." The voice was obviously fabricated.

"Who the hell are you?"

"If you want her alive, meet my men at the underground auction tomorrow night. No requirements.. just bring yourself. You. Alone."

"How can I know you have her for sure?" Kurapika begins to operate, relocating the person through the call.

*ting* A picture of (Y/n) inside a cell was mailed to him.

"I'll fucking kill you."

"It's no use tracking us. We've got the signal encrypted. I doubt you can crack it by yourself... So just listen and let's have clear negotiation."

"Speak."

"First, you'll resign from your job. And by job, all organisations you've made contact with. I want them cut off for good. We'll know if you followed obediently, or else... you know what'll happen to your precious woman and her family."

"You fucking bastard!!"

"Why? Isn't she worth your all? Can't do it?"

"...You better return her safe and sound."

"Don't worry, you'll have her back if you just follow the deal."

....

"After that, you'll meet us alone by the end of the month. Details would be given to your account.... I'm sure you want to witness our identity... and purpose for doing this."