Chapter Fifteen-Layla

It's my first day at work, and I'm nervous as fuck. I look at my phone as I see a message from Colton. I smile from ear to ear as I see his text.

Colton: You've got this angel, them kids are lucky to have you! I'll miss you x

I spent the whole weekend with Colton and I've never been happier. We spent the whole weekend getting to know one another, holding each other and sweet kisses every now and then. I've never felt a connection to someone like I do with Colton, it's strange. I didn't have this sort of connection with Travis and I was with him for two years, I thought I loved the man. But now that I'm with Colton, I know now that I couldn't have been. Colton has treated me better this weekend than Travis did through our whole relationship, that's on me for staying with him for so long. I didn't realise how lost I was, Travis was And is a selfish person. He was never supportive of me like I was for him, I went to every home match, yet he didn't show anything to me. How stupid was I?

Me: Thankyou, baby. Hope all goes well at your signing this afternoon. I'm sorry I couldn't be there, I'll miss you too Xx

I meet up with Catherine on the way, when her phone dings with a text. I look at her happy face and I know that it's Craig that's texting. "Is that lurch?" I ask her as we walk to blue saint park for our first day as ASC TA's.

"Yeah" she sighs happily. "He was just wishing me good luck on my first day" she smiles at me as she types out a reply to him.

She pockets her phone and looks at me with an excited grin nudging me. "Soooooo, come on—we didn't get to talk on Saturday. What happened with you and Colton?" She asks me.

God, even my heart flutters at his name...

I smile shyly. "Nothing—after you and lurch left, we walked along the pier and we talked" I sigh happily with a shrug.

She looks at me with a look of disbelief and I know she knows there's more. She rolls her eyes at me as if to say—yeah, alright, as if that's all...

"Fine, we talked and we went out on a date the next day," I say smiling at her. "We spent the whole weekend together, talking, having fun and getting to know one another and girl, his kisses—I swear he's Just Amazing!" I sigh.

"And, he's a cowboy—" She adds with a knowing grin.

God, don't even get me started on that—his accent alone does unspeakable things to me.

"Guuuurl, please—being in his arms feeling every hard inch of his upper body, did things to my body, and his voice, Mmmmm—let's just say, Lay-Lay's dream's have been pretty vivid lately " I wink as we arrive in the school.

God, my body tingles just remembering his body on mine as we made out...

"Craig told me Colton's pretty smitten with you already, we'll have to go on a double date" Catherine grins excitedly.

God, we've only just hit first base for crying out loud...

"Damn girl, cool your jets... let me get to know the man first before we start double dating—jeez!!!" I chuckle at her enthusiasm as we approach the reception area where Eva and another person is stood waiting.

"Hey, Sis-Hey Lay" Eva grins at us both.

"Hey," Catherine says kissing her on the cheek as do I after her.

"So—I believe you had quite the weekend?" Eva teases, blushing, she nods with a smile.

"It's good to see that smile back on your face baby sis" Eva smiles and hugs her.