Chapter Fifty Six- Layla (Unedited)

I'm currently standing on what seems to be a footstool of some sort in front of a circle of mirrors at the back of the bridal shop called Emma's that Elora now works at getting the final alterations on my dress done, as tomorrow is the big day.

"You look stunning, my girl" my mum sobs dabbing at her face.

"Thanks, mum" I smile brightly.

"That dress is gorgeous lay-lay," Catherine says in awe. "You look absolutely amazing and I have no doubt that Colton is gonna shit a brick when he sees you"

I grin at my girl and look back to my reflection, I am so in love with my dress, I knew it was the one when I first laid eyes on it. The dress itself is a lace fit-and-flare gown that is backless with a stunning yet elegant train. The front of the dress is a V-neckline that sets off bodice of this gown, it is also highlighted with Crystals across the bodice and back, giving it that added bling but not too much.

"What about your bra, sweet girl?" Mama k asks confused

"What about your bra, sweet girl?" Mama k asks confused. "You can't walk down the aisle with your girls loose"

I bite my lip to hold off my laugh as does my mum and Catherine.

"It's built into the dress, Kathy" Elora states from the floor.

"Built-in? But where?" She asks confused.

"Trust me, sis—it's there" Elora chuckles.

Mama's eyes soften looking at Elora as she finishes pinning my dress. Apparently, Elora had started calling mama sis not long after we left America. It's meant a lot to both saint and mama that Elora has followed them here. "How is saint getting on in his new job?" I ask mama.

"Oh, he's loving it—Your Lucas seems to have taken a shine to him too" she smiles warmly at me.

I know he has, when Lucas first met saint, he and my dad liked him straight away. Must be a police thing, turns out saints friend is the chief constable in canning place. Saint currently works with the CID which is the criminal investigation department, Lucas told me how much he's respected in the precinct already, apparently, he's made a name for himself already with the chief talking about him and his arrests over the years. They play the shaft theme song whenever he enters the room and saying "Saint" when the time is right, which is pretty damn funny.