8. Friends (Jay Halstead)

Jay and I were friends ever since we meet in the army. He was a ranger and I was a sniper.

I can't count the times he saved my life and the times I saved his.

After we left we moved to the same city, Chicago. He became a cop in inteligance unit and I worked for the FBI so our paths crossed many times.

The day he introduced Lindsay to me and my husband Jack I knew she was the one for him but seeing him now I knkw I coukdn't be more wrong.

Jay was sobbing, sitting in the living room. "I tought we were stronger, better than this."

I gave him the beer and sat next to him. "I'm so sorry. Tell me exactly what happened."

He nodded. "One minute everything was fine and the next minute she quits the inteligance and moves to another country."

I saddly looked at him. "Did she explained why she's leaving?"

Ne nodded. "No she just left a note saying she got a better offer and that I shouldn't try to look for her."

"Thats crazy. So, what are you going to do?" I questioned.

"What do you think I should do, go after her?" He asked sipping on his beer.

I exhaled. "We known each other for a long time and honestlly, if I were you I wouldn't. Look she had the chance to at least say goodbye and ahe didn't even do that."

He cryed even more now. "Thanks. It means a lot."

"Don't cry everything will work out trust me." I smiled. C'mon lets go over at Molly's my husband will take care of kids."

He laughed. "Poor man. He had no idea who he married.

I poked his arm. "You are lucky I own you for saving my life."

THANKS for reading also check my other storyes. 💖