53. Undercover (Hayley Upton)

Luke as Luke Callaghan from Rookie Blue. 😍😍

HAILEY'S POV:

Boss put me under cover as a drug smuggler. He was trying to catch the big boss of the North side and he needed a woman to complete this job.

I was under for about seven months, coming back only once a week to report back. Luke was incharge of a large shipments so I needed to get close to him. What I didn't expect was to fall for him.

Every night before I went to bed I would told myself it is just my job, but the little things he did made me forget that he was next in line if something happens to el jefe, the boss.

"Hey babe, what's for dinner?" Luke kissed my cheek and plop down on a old chair that I had in my under cover apartment. It was a bad day for me and he noticed quickly. "What's wrong, you don't look so good?" He went with his thumb over my cheek and lip.

"I feel sick, I must  of eatten something bad." I lie. The truth is I got the information Hank needed to lock down the whole gang for good. But it made me sick that Luke will go down with them as well. In a normal situation, where he wasn't dealing, he would be perfect for me.

"Let me make you a soup. Sit down and I'll take care of you." He pecked my lips.

"Actually, there's something I need from the store. Why don't you make us dinner and I'll be back in no time." I smiled and kissed his lips, probbably for the last time.

It hurt me but that was something that needed to be done. I walked out and called a cab that drove me to the underground parking lot of a mall and there boss was already wating for me. "Tell me what you have on them."

"There is a large shipment coming in tonight..." I told him everything he needed to know and he send me back so I wouldn't be suspicious.

I grabbed a couple of stuff feom the store and went back home where Luke was waiting with a dinner. "Let's eat because I have to go to work later."

I knew exactly what is he talking about and it made my stomach sick.

A few houes passed ant el jefe called me that it's time for the shipment. I walked to the building and acted normal when all of a sudden the Inteligance unit bursted in with guns, ordering all of us to lay down. They arrested us all but I couldn't see Luke anywhere.

It's been a weak since my under cover job was complete successfully. We arested almost all of them, Luke wasn't among them.

I still think about him sometimes and it makes me smile, looking at photo we took on a christmas eve. I wonder if now he's leading the smugling deal. "Hailey, there is a visitor downstairs for you." Platt called.

I sign and put my under cover phone back in the draw. "Coming." I walk downstairs  looking at my feet so that I don't fall. When I look up my eyes met his blue ones and I froze. "Luke?!"

"Helo Hails." His hands are in his pockets, his white shirt tugged in dark jeans. "Nice to see you again." He chuckles.

I start to panick that my cover was blown. "What... how..." I mumble nervously.

"Relax. I'm Luke Calaghan. The lead detective for narcotics." He chuckles.

"So you were under cover." I furrow my eyebrows. "And you knew about me?"

He nodded yes, gult in his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"I can't believe this." I turn around and start to walk up the stairs.

"Go out with me." Luke blurts out cousing me to turn around.

"Why?" I scream, a few heads turning in our direction. "So that you can play with me some more?! You know I really liked you, what a fool."

"Why do you think I'm standing here right now." He walks closer. "I want to go out with you so please, will you go out on a dinner?" He pleads.

I can't resist his eyes and I roll mine. "We didn't eat that icecream last time." I walk back up the stairs. "Pick me up at seven." I bite my lip to hide my growing smile.