89. More than partners (Antonio Dawson, Kim Burges)

Kim was patroling with her partner Antonio like she has done for the past two and a half years but something was different today. He seemed sad.

"Everything okay?" She blirted out whike rambling something in her notebook. "You seem distant lately."

Antonio kept driving, never looking at her. "I'm fine."

Kim was surprised by the lack of emotions in his voice because they always have a good time together, tealing each others everything. Kim didn't bother him and the rest of the day went by silently. And so did the next.

It got to the point that Kim was asking sergaint to get her a new partner that she might get the next weak. All of that pained her because she loved Antonio. She was in love with him.

"Burges! What the hell?" Antonio bursted in with all his force almost breaking down the doors to womens locker room. "I heard you asked for new partner."

Kim turned around not saying anything and also her eyes were getting wet.

"Okay if that is what you want." Antonio stormed away, mad because he knew he was the only one who can make her safe and if anything ever happen to her he would die.

Three weeks later Kim was finnaly asigned to new partner. It was an older guy, ready to be retired and Kim couldnt hated working with him more.

They were driving around patroling and Kim tryed to wake him up when she saw two man fighting outside the bar but when nothing happen she ran to break the fight alone. "Hey, hey you  take a walk." She ordered and when she turned to the other man, he pulled a knife out and stabbed her.

Kim falled to the ground and started bleading. Right before she fell asleepshe dialed 911. "911 what is.your emergancy? Halo is anyone there?"

Later thay day Kim woke up in a hospital. Whole body acked and when she wanted to sit up another pain jolted through her body. "Aaa..."

"Kim. Are you fine?" Antoniorushed to her bed, dropping his coffe and some snacks that he was planing to have for dinner.

"What happened?" Kim put her palm on the bruized area.

"Didn't I tell you this will happen? But you never listen to me do you?" He was pacing back and forth. "I could have lost you and..." He stooped and looked at her. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I shouldn't asked for a new partner it was just so hard working with you past few weaks." Kim admited.

"It's because I love you." Antonio blurted out.

To be continued...