42. Bad days (Jay Halstead)

You were sitting on a sofa in living room to sign some papers for your work. It was two thirthy in the morning so everything was quiet until you heard a loud scream.

You knew what was going on so you dropped everything and ran to your bedroom where your husband was.

You sit next to him and hug him tight. "Shhh, it's okay. Everything is okay. You are just having a bad dream."

The tears fall down his face as he wakes up from a nightmare. The same nightmare that is happening every single night since he came back from Iran three months ago.

He sniffles in your neck while you hold him tightly. You need to show him that he means everything to you. That you will be at his side no matter what.

His breathing calmes down and tears stop falling down his face. "Thank you and I'm sorry."

"Babe, you have nothing to be sorry about. All those things that happed in Iran are terrible. I can't even imagine being in your shoes." You said and stroke his hair.

His face gets sad again. "I couldn't save him. Y/N I couldn't save my best friend."

"I know Jay. And I also know you did everything. Come let's lay down and I will hold you." You suggested.

Jay exhales. "That's a great idea. Thank you." He puts his head on your lap.

I smiled. "For good and for worst right?"

He kissed you and wrapped tightly to your body.