130. Falling for the new girl (Jay Halstead)

Happy 36 birthday to my baby Jesse Lee Soffer. 💙♥️

"This is detective Y/L/N." Hank introduced you to his friends, co workers. "She is a friend from Hawaii."

"Hawaii?" Adam raized his eyebrows at the long haired beauty. "What brings you here from paradise?" He tried to flirt but Y/N felt Kim looking at him and all though he was damn cute she was not gonna mix things between them.

"I'm tracking down a serial killer. He's been active since 1992 and he recently killed three girls and a boy in Honolulu. My resorces told me he is here." Y/N explained professionally. "And since you are the best of the best, Hanky here told me I have your full support." She smirked at him, knowing he hates that nickname but she beat him at poker once and he will have to live with it forever.

"Hanky?" Jay smirked, looking at Adam who didn't have the gut to laugh.

Hank shook his head. "Long story boys. Let's just help her get what she came for alright." He led his friend to his office. "Take everything you need alright?" He whinked, closing the door behind him.

"Okay." You walked back to where Jay, Adam and Hank were sitting and threw a pile of photos on the table. "Those on the left are the victims we are positive he killed and the other ones we suspect he did." You explained leaning on the table, declining the call from your ex.

Jay looked at the phone and bavk to your angry expression. "So how can we help you?" He tried getting your mind off of things.

"You can go through all of these and find the things I missed." You gave each a file. "And I could really use a coffe." You rubbed your head when your phone started vibrating again.

You walked to the room where Hank told you will find the coffee mahine. You inhaled the strong coffee and  losed gour eyes thinking you are alone. "Controling boyfriend?" He grabbed a mug, brushing his arm against your.

"Ex boyfriend." You exhaled. "Sorry about it." You apologized, knowing it could be a distraction when you are working a case.

"Do you need me to talk to him?" Jay offered. "Not that you can't handle it." He rubbed his head. "I'll just shut up and if you need my help you know where to find me." He chuckled, turning around.

***
"I would like to congradulate Y/N who solved manny, manny cases that went cold and cought a active serial killer with the help of Chicago PD." The major clapped, proud of you and Chicago police.

You sat back down behind the table, raizing the glass of wine. "What an I gonna do now?" You laughed, looking at everyone, stopping on Jay.

He was looking at you intently with pride and with a tint of blackness that made you gulp down. The look he gave you every since you first meet. "You could always stay. Hanky would love to have you around." He joked with his name but he was dead serious about her staying.

"I will make you pay for this Halstead." Hank pointed a finger at the young man, playfully punching his shoulder. "But you are wright, we want you to stay." Hank grabbed your hand. "What are you saying?"

***

You woke up, feeling warmth of Jay's body. Your head was resting on his chest as his strong arms were holding you almost as he was protecting you. "Good morning." He greeted, planting a kiss on your head. "How did you sleep?"

You looked at him, his eyes starring down at you. "Like I want to sleep like that every night." You smirked.

"So you decited to stay?" Jay smirked when he saw you nodding. "Just out of curiosity... What was the deal maker when I yelled at your ex over the phone or the exelent performance last night in my bed?" He kissed your neck.

You stood up and playfully bite his lip. "If I was judging you by your performance, I would be on the first flight back to Hawaii." You joked.

Jay grabbed your hand pulling you back on bed and climbing on top of you. "Tell me you didn't mean that." He leaned down, tracing your skin with his nose. "Say it."

"Jay!" You moaned completely under his spell. "I.."

"I tought so." He loosened the gripp, kissing you harsh on your plump lips.