Bakery

Finn Shelby x Reader

I stood behind the counter at the bakery, awkwardly listening to other people gossip. I wrapped the loaf of bread in some cloth before handing it to the blonde lady.

"So, that is 2 and a half pennies." I told the lady and she scowled whilst giving me the money. I don't know what her problem was?

I returned to the burning bread in the oven and took it out, before adding another batch in.

Soon enough the door banged open making the bell ring loudly, I spun around quickly noticing a boy walk in rather intimidatingly, making the woman close to him move away in fear.

"What would you like?" I asked the ginger boy looking up into his eyes. I paused momentarily before snapping out of my trance.

"I have it written down." The boy mumbled looking back into my eyes and almost my soul. He passed the list over and I read through it, this was definitely not his handwriting, was it? It looked like a woman's writing. 

"Your mum write this for you?" I asked my voice becoming softer than usual. He glanced at me before turning away, must have struck a nerve. I felt the tension rise and I turned around quickly.

"Y/n!" I heard my dad scream from the other room.
"Father, im in here." I said back, not wanting to look like an idiot. My dad wondered out and stared down the poor boy.

"Shelby huh?" My dad announced. "How's your father? The daft bastard ran away again, didn't he?" My dad's voice boomed. The boy merely nodded looking down, almost in shame.

Once I had everything ready I spun around to my father and the Shelby boy still talking quietly, I placed the objects into a bag and shoved it over the counter.

"That will be a shilling please." I stared at him.
"Nonsense, Y/n the Shelby gets it for free." My dad barked embarrassing me.
"Sorry" I mumbled to the boy my face flushing.

The boy smiled warmly before putting a shilling down on the counter before leaving with his bag of food. 

I breathed out before looking at my father, mad that he embarrassed me.
"That lad has a little boy crush on you." He laughed taking the shilling off the counter.

My face became beetroot red and I ran out. It was the end of my time anyway.

I hope to see him again.

It had been a week since I saw the Shelby boy and I was beginning to miss him.

I sat bored and alone in the bakery waiting for a new customer. All the bread had been baked, but no one seemed to be out today, probably the decrease in pay that's been going round.

The money around here was getting tight and businesses were going out in just a week.

Soon I worry that the bakery is gonna go out of business. I wallowed with my thoughts a little longer until the bell rang. I jumped up in surprise, it was the Shelby boy again.

"Hi." I said greeting him. He smiled replying before giving me the list in his hand. Almost the same things as last time.

"How have you been?" I asked making conversation, I hadn't seen anyone all day, what do you expect?
"Alright." He replied with his heavy Birmingham accent, I turned around gathering what he needed before asking him something again.

"What's your name? I'm Y/n." I asked, I still didn't know his name, I didn't want to ask my dad because he would obviously tease me about it.
"Finn." He replied shortly.

"Where you from Finn, you don't seem to be from around this area?" I asked, he couldn't be from around here, where I live is where people would hate each other in secret but not act on it.

He seemed to be from a rougher side, I could tell from his hat, that had blades sewn into them, I could see them shine through the fabric.

"Small heath." He bluntly replied, I nodded my head turning around, another man came in wearing a long black coat, seemed to be a businessman.

"Is F/n L/n here?" He asked taking off his hat.
"Uh, yeah, let me go get him." I answered unsurely. I walked out heisentantly before calling out my dad.

"What is it?" He barked before looking towards Finn smiling and then turned to the businessman. "What you here for?" he said making a face.

"I need to talk to you in private Mr L/n, if you don't mind." The man answered as he walked out with my dad.

"Sorry about that, anyway, here you go." I said placing the bag of food over to him. As he placed the money onto the counter I moved his hand back.

"Free of charge." I encouraged and he grimaced placing the money onto the counter stubbornly.

He was about to walk out but turned to me. "Y/n, would you fancy going out friday, unless you're working." He sheepishly asked making my heart pop.

"No that's great, I finish at 5 is that okay?" I suggested and he smiled and nodded.
"Great." he said finally walking out.

I watched him walk away smiling whilst my father walked in cursing.