Sentimental Objects

Thank you so much for 10k, I'm sorry I haven't been uploading, I hopefully will start again, it's just a crazy time at the moment and I'm trying to get used to staying at home

Harry Kirton x Reader

D/n- Daughters name
S/n - Sons name
O/S/n - Other sons name

Y/n had finally reached her retirement age, she was alone. Harry had died a couple years earlier, it may have been a toll on her family; she kept calm and stayed intact along with her family. Everything in her house reminded her of him, he meant a lot to Y/n, how could she ever forget about him.

She wandered through into her living room and sat down on her couch, ever so suddenly remembers the time they first got it, many years ago.

Y/n and Harry crashed on to their couch in relief, they were both the young ages of 30 and expecting their second child, they had to get a new one as their oldest had ruined it growing up with the couch.

The many times the child was sick, eating or drinking on the sofa had become very dirty and they couldn't have that around their new child on the way.

The day had been tiring, especially for Y/n, she was shouting at Harry the whole day for where to put the couch and to not ruin her house altogether. Their young daughter had come running in and crashed against the sofa taking in its newly softness, something Y/n and Harry laughed about.

The couch had gone through the lives of 2 more children and it was finally worn out, but she kept it, it reminded her of Harry so she kept it, she needed to cope without him here.

Y/n walked over to the table and skimmed her hand across the wood. She was brought back to the time their oldest was worrying about their homework essay that they had to do.

"D/n, just calm down, just breathe and we'll get it done in a bit." Harry said, rubbing his daughters back, trying to get her to calm and trying to not make her cry.

"But it's so stressful, I don't know what to write, they're all stupid!" D/n exclaimed whilst her younger brother came stumbling in sitting at the table along with the three others.

He sat with a smile on his face staring at everyone. He ran a hand through his brown hair mischievously.
"What have you done?" D/n asked her brother, frustrated with the smiley face he had on.

"Nothing." He answered simply turning towards his mum. He meant against her arm and watched as D/n broke down about the homework. Y/n ran a hand through his hair and messed around with it whilst her daughter was thinking about what to write, with this essay.

S/n leaned closer cuddling into his mum as she messed with his hair. It soon turned into night time and the family had to soon get to bed.

"Is O/s/n gonna be back tomorrow?" S/n asked, fortunately,the youngest sibling, O/s/n had gone over to his friend's house for a sleepover.

"Yes, obviously, come on let's watch some telly, hey?" Y/n said running over to the sofa along with the rest of them following after, squishing onto the couch.

The memory made her smile crazily, it was a good bonding time, if only O/s/n was there, it would have been even better.

Harry had been a lifesaver that day, he helped his daughter when she needed help and was a great dad, something anyone would ask for.

"Mum, you alright?" Her youngest son asked, walking into the room, startling her and breaking her out of the trance.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She answered by placing a hand on her chest.
"You miss dad?" He asked walking over to give her a hug.
"You already know the answer O/s/n, I always will miss him. If I could turn back time." Y/n soon started singing and bringing him to dance with her and he lazily and kinda unwillingly danced with her. 

Harry may not be there, but it was still a good time she will remember.