Goodbye Finn

Finn Shelby x Reader

Y/n cleaned the tables with a clean rag whilst picking Ik a few glasses on her way. She ran behind the bar to clean them whilst more people came in.

She worked in the Garrison where she was told there was a good salary but it wasn't enough to keep the room she had, her older brother worked but stayed in the room with their little brother from time to time, as her little brother was only young.

Her mother and father had recently died in a shooting, so they had to do what they can to still have a roof above their head.

She had considered two jobs but her brother wouldn't let her, Y/n was only 17 herself and was overworking.

A man came up to the bar and ordered a drink whilst she made it the Peaky Blinders came in. Y/n froze and tried to calm herself, she was utterly terrified of them. They were very intimidating people.

Y/n finished making the man's drink and passed it to him. One of the Shelby's came up and asked for a bottle or Irish whiskey. Y/n passed it quietly not daring to look up at him.

"Why won't you look at me?" The Shelby said, and Y/n raised her head quickly. Acting like she didn't deliberately ignore his eyes.
"Sorry." She whispered looking at him. The Shelby smiled and walked away leaving Y/n with a small panic attack.

It was like being integrated, she didn't want to go through that again.

It had been a while until a man holding a gun came in pointing it at Y/n. She froze in place and men in the pub shouted at him, getting Shelby's attention. They burst out the small rooms door to what the fuss was, when they saw the man pointing the gun at her.

She thought they started speaking but she froze in front of the gun staring at it. What if it went off, she would die and she wouldn't be able to look after her brothers.

Y/n felt tears going down her face as they hadn't moved when one of Shelby's came and stood in front of her, she trembled as the boy stood closely to her. She had never been this close to a Shelby before.

The man ended up being shot as he was a lunatic and Y/n hugged the boy in front of her whilst the shots rang out. She was terrified. Once the man's cries stopped Y/n separated from the boy apologising.

"It's alright." The boy said putting his gun away. "What's your name?" The boy asked smiling, but Y/n didn't know whether to stay or run.
"Y/n." She answered sheepishly.

"My name is Finn." Finn said nodding to her, Y/n blushed and looked away. She had finally calmed down before she had to leave.

When she got ready to leave, money was put in front of her.
"This is your money." Finn said smiling whilst passing it to her.
"Thank you." Y/n said happy to get her salary.

As Y/n started to leave Finn stopped her.
"I hope to see you tomorrow." He spoke out and Y/n smiled back.
"Goodbye Finn." She said walking out.