Puppy

Literally cried writing this

Literally cried writing this. And thank you for 45k, I'm thinking of ending the book around 80 chapter but I really don't know?

Harry Kirton x reader

Y/n and Harry had been dating for a little over a year now and they were finally moving in together. They had bought a small house that would be comfortable for the two.

For a while Y/n had been wanting to get a puppy, but she never had the time to ask Harry if they could have one or to even look at any.

When she finally plucked up the courage to ask him he ended up agreeing and they brought a cute cream Labrador. They of course named him Charlie, and he was absolutely adorable.

The two loved and cared for Charlie even if he had been a pain, ripping up a pillow or molting around the house.

It had been a few years when Y/n and Harry got married, obviously with Charlie by their side. He joined wearing a little suit and sat beside Harry as Y/n walked down the aisle.

By the end of the party Charlie was worn out and the newly wedded couple took him home, preparing for their short little honeymoon.

They took Charlie with them, whilst they travelled to another part of the Uk, they couldn't go for long as they still had work at home. It was full of fun and they walked along the tiny beach.

Once Y/n was pregnant, Charlie was ecstatic, as she would stay home and spend a lot more time with him. He would always lick her belly excited for the new arrival.

The baby came and had grown fond of Charlie, playing with him every chance they had. The child grew up with Charlie, they were almost like siblings.

As the child grew older, they fought with younger siblings but knew that if no one wanted to play with them, Charlie would be right around the corner.

The kids loved the dog as much as he loved them back, until one evening when he collapsed onto the floor beside Y/n, who completely started panicking.

They took him to the vets but were met by the information that he had an illness, after arguing for a couple minutes Y/n and Harry knew that Charlie had to be put down.

They cried as they watched him take his last breath and left sobbing, they had to explain to their children that he went to heaven, but as a birthday gift Harry brought Y/n a new puppy.

She was having trouble comprehending the death of her long gone dog that he knew he had to get her another one, not to replace Charlie but to be there for the kids and Y/n.

A new sibling, a new friend.