Divorce

Harry Kirton x Reader

Y/n stood in front of a large black door. The atmosphere was tense as she walked inside the room.
"Y/n L/n?" A woman said sitting on a chair holding a book.
"That's me." She smiled and looked at the older woman.

"Why don't you sit down." The woman patted the seat and Y/n moved around to sit down on the comfy chair.
"So, my name is Rachel Sprigg. I'm going to be your therapist." Rachel said and Y/n nodded.

"So what happened, why are you here?" Rachel asked trying to be careful with her wording.
"I'm getting a divorce. My hus- ex husband, filed for one. It really just shocked me and I don't know what to do." Y/n said, her eyes becoming heavier than usual.

"How did it all start to happen?" Rachel asked.

Y/n sat at the table in her and Harry's house, she was waiting for him to come home from work. But he had finished at 5, it was now 8. Y/n called him many times but he would never answer.

When he finally came back it was 9pm. Y/n sat at the table, his food cold and dry by her side.
"Where have you been?" Y/n asked more worried than angry.
"It doesn't matter." Harry said walking past her. She looked towards his plate before looking at her plate.

It was still full of food, Y/n never liked eating without him, it was a habit. They are always together, it was a thing they always did.

"Harry, why do you keep coming home so late, I made dinner." Y/n told him as he walked into the room with an apple.
"I'm sorry, work dragged on really late today." Harry replied biting into the apple.

"Well, when can we spend more time together, I really miss you when you're out." Y/n sighed, yeah she worked as well but not as much as Harry did. Y/n was a designer for costumes so some of her work was done at home regularly anyway, but she only wished that Harry would spend time with her. When he's free he always goes and spends time with his mates, but not her.

They were married now, and it seemed he was ready to commit to being in a loving relationship.

"Bloody hell Y/n! I don't have to be with you all the time." Harry snapped at her, Y/n flinched in her seat and looked down to her hands which were placed on her lap.

"Harry, you're always working, I never spend time with you anymore." Y/n said her voice soft, not wanting him to snap at her again.

"Y/n just leave me alone, yeah. You're so damn clingy." Harry spat getting up to chuck the apple away. He got up and put his shoes on as well.

"Where are you going now?" Y/n breathed out.
"Out." Harry said walking out of the house with the door slamming behind him. Y/n stared at the wall in front of her and sighed heavily.

"And slowly, I was forgotten." Y/n reminisced, it wasn't a good memory. It led to the destruction of her relationship with Harry.

Rachel nodded as Y/n continued to speak. Her eyes sparkling, tears were threatening to leak out of her eyes but she failed to keep them in.

"He just never really loved me, like how he loved other women. I would feel bad for the woman he's with, but that's the girl he cheated on me with."