Arranged To Fall In Love

Finn Shelby x Reader

I can't believe it, I'm being set up with some random man my dad picked out. All because of some argument.

He said that he only agreed to push the argument aside and not start war because I was offered a husband.

My father only wanted his company to grow and so I'm being given away for that. How rude is that. I don't even know this guy.

My father refuses that I should meet him before the wedding so that I can't change my mind and run away or something. Which I can do after the wedding anyway.

My mother has been completely silent over this, I once asked her about it but she only said that 'I should be lucky to be getting a husband'. Which I totally disagree with.

Today was the day of my wedding, these are the last hours of me being free, until I'm hooked onto another man for the rest of my life, I sometimes wonder how he felt about it?

Was he happy? Or just as angry as I am?

Anywho I should really get changed into this gown my mother picked out.

She thought that I had to look amazing for some man I didn't really know, but I couldn't complain the dress was absolutely gorgeous.

It was a tight-fitted dress that was a v-neck, it showed some cleavage, so I just had to trust he wouldn't look. I need to save some dignity. There was no sleeves but to act as them they were nets that reached just above my elbow. The dress had many pearls over them and had a small trail behind.

I had my hair up in a bun and had a hair piece that matched the dress as there was a lot of pearls, but it also kept my veil in place.

My mother led me to a horse and carriage and got in beside me and my father.

On the way my mum told me what she expected from me in the ceremony and party. She scolded me for my terrible posture and made me sit up properly.

When we finally arrived at the Catholic Church and my mother smoothed down my dress whilst my dad stood proudly beside me. I moved the veil so it was over my face and we began to walk in.

My father looked like he was about to cry, and I tried not to either. I was about to meet the guy I'm gonna spend my life with, I couldn't tell if I was supposed to be happy or not.

The doors opened and we walked through, calming music played as we walked down the carpet. I looked forward and kept my posture up.

I saw the man I was about to marry and realised it wasn't an old guy, he was fairly young couldn't be older than 25. He had to be around the same age as me.

My father unhooked his arm and I walked over to the young man. We stood facing each other but he couldn't see me yet.

As the priest began to speak I lifted my veil to meet his beautiful eyes. He focused back on me and we stared at each other before the priest spoke out our names.

"We're here for the wedding of Finn Shelby and Y/n Y/L/n." The priest went through the routine and we followed in with the vows.

Once it was over, both our families cheered but I couldn't help but just stare at him, he was definitely not what I expected.

We then all travelled to a large hall where the after party was being held. It was a lovely place, there were few decorations but still looked awfully pretty.

Me and Finn stood talking whilst others settled as well. I learned much about him. He seemed to be a great guy. We stood laughing, when the music stopped and we led into the middle of the dance floor to have our first dance together.

The music started slowly passing by and we slowly moved together. It was nice.

I learnt against him still talking, I need to know everything about this guy, I'm married to him now. In the middle of the song my father interrupted us and asked for my dance. We started dancing and had a talk.

By the end of the night I was exhausted, Finn took us back to a house we were given to live in by my parents and his brother. It was very homey and I settled in straight away.

I kissed him goodnight and smiled as I snuggled into the cold sheets, warming up.

I was arranged to fall in love with Finn Shelby and don't regret it.