Time Works Like Acid

Finn Shelby x Reader

Based on the poem 'Time Works Like Acid' by Jim Morrison.

Times works like acid
Stained eyes
You see time fly.

Y/n, aged 13, is trying to keep up with her best friend Finn who had walked quickly far ahead. She runs catching up with the also 13 year old.

"Finn, hey wait up!" Y/n shouted trying to catch up with her best friend Finn.
"Y/n, woah, slow down. I ain't running away." Finn laughed at the girls panting.

"Hey, you walk incredibly fast, I don't." Y/n accused pointing at him.
"Hey, it's only natural." Finn smugly replied whilst Y/n slapped his arm.

The face changes as the heart beats
& breathes

Y/n, aged 15, dancing along with Finn in the Garrison, they now looked a lot older as teenagers. Y/n's face and features looked older as she became a woman and Finn grew out of his "childish" stage.

"So, Finn, you're gonna be a Peaky Blinder like your brothers?" Y/n asked already knowing the answer, but asking it anyway to make conversation.
"Of course, you already know that Y/n." He laughed looking into her bright eyes.

"Can't wait to get out of here though." Y/n explained throwing her head back.
"You're not staying?" Finn asked eyebrows furrowing.

"Well, I can't really stay here forever, and my parents are dying to get rid of me." She admitted smiling as they swayed.

We are not constant
We are an arrow in flight
The sum of the angles of change

Y/n, aged 16, at a small picnic by the river with Finn, they grew a bit distant but remain in contact. They can go a couple days without seeing each other, unlike the clinginess of when they were younger.

"So Finn, how's your week been?" Y/n asked eating a sandwich she had packed.
"It's been alright, but yours was probably better, right?" Finn said laying down on the itchy blanket they had brought with them.

"Finn, can I kiss you right now?" Y/n asked out of the blue.
"W-What?" Finn stumbled sitting up completely baffled.
"Can I kiss you?" Y/n questioned again sitting closer to him.

"Yeah, sure you can, uh, yeah." Finn stuttered trying to get words out as he sat closer to Y/n.
"Shut up and kiss me." Y/n demanded eager to have a kiss from him.

Her face changed in the car
eyes & skin & hair remain
the same. But a hundred similar
girls succeed each other

Y/n, aged 21, sitting alone in her home getting ready to leave her home to go to London. She hadn't seen Finn in a while, there's talk going around that he's marrying a whore.

The clock chimed for 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Y/n had to leave. She picked up her long black coat and her briefcase full of clothes and necessities. There was a small knock on her door.

She opened it to see the face of Finn. Y/n hadn't changed, she looked the same as she did when she was 16. Only her face had changed, she looked older with the bags under her eyes, she wasn't as naïve as she used to be, her eyes were now dulled out and she wanted to leave Birmingham.

"Hello Finn, is there something you need?" Y/n asked desperately, wanting to leave.
"Yes, I just wanted to say goodbye, you're leaving aren't you?" Finn clarified and Y/n nodded.

"Well then, goodbye Finn." Y/n nodded stepping out of the door.
"Goodbye Y/n."