Red Roses

Finn Shelby x reader

I sat by the river waiting for Finn. I watched as the murky water rushed past, Finn hadn't given me a red rose in weeks. I don't know why, but it was concerning me.

It was like a tradition, that he gave me a red rose or some kind of flower. Even if he was away he would tell someone to send one to me.

But now it seems like he doesn't care, yes I guess it upset me, but maybe he was just busy. No that can be it.

I watched the water once again snapping out of my dream state. The sky was darkening, which I couldn't tell was from smoke or just because of the time it was.

The subject of roses just reminds me of all the times he gave me one.

I was sitting in my living room sipping on tea I had just made, it was a freezing cold day. I had wrapped up in one of the warmest dresses I had.

I hadn't seen Finn that day, he usually come round in the morning, now it was the afternoon.

I shouldn't be so clingy, he must be busy.

I took a sip of my warming tea when there was a soft knock at my door. I jumped out of my seat to see who it was and I swung open the door.

"Oh, Finn hello." I smiled to him and he held a sheepish smile.
"I brought you a rose, I hope you like it." Finn announces smiling shyly.

I take it from his hand and smelt it. "Thank you, it's perfect." I calmed him from his nervousness. He's never given me a rose before.

It was amazing, and that didn't stop him from giving me more.

That was the first time he had ever given me a rose, it was surprisingly cute. I didn't expect more, but he kept coming. I placed them in the same case that I still have, luckily they had all fit inside it.

All my roses had died, it was hard keeping them alive and I tried my hardest but he did give me new ones to replace them with.

But now I had none, no roses left for me.

I stood up from the staining grass and walked home. I wanted to check on Finn but I didn't want to be intruding.

I had thought just to get myself some more roses but I was gonna wait to see if he would give me anymore.

I was walking past the flower shop when I noticed Finn stood in front of it, I didn't really want to see him so I just carried on.

I don't know what's wrong with me, why can't I just approach him?

He ended up running past me when I saw him knocking on the door of one of the houses on his street.

I could swear that was Mathilde Thompson's house. I didn't know, I lived in the street next to this, now I really wish I didn't have to come through here.

Her door opened and she smiled as she saw Finn with her rose.

Oh, so that's why he hasn't given me a rose in weeks, he's found someone new to give a rose to.

And that person isn't me.