Soulmate

Harry Kirton x Reader

Today was Y/ns 18th birthday. Everyone knew when you turn 18 you get a tattoo of your soulmates first words to you on your wrist. All of her friends were 18 and had found their soulmates. She was jealous and she was the last of her friends to become 18, she found it annoying.

Y/n woke up with a start and sat up in her bed. She dared look at her wrist, she feared that there was nothing on it. She got her clothes on without looking at it, shielding it away from herself.

She walked down stairs to the kitchen where her parents were, eagerly waiting for her.
"What does it say?" They asked, bombarding her with questions.

Y/n only shrugged and finally looked at her wrist.
"Are you okay?"
"It says, 'Are you okay?" Now I can go to school." Y/n begged, she was eager to go to school and find her soulmate.

"Okay fine, go." Her mum laughed passing her a little bit of lunch.
"Thank you." She said kissing both of their cheeks and ran out.

She was in the last year of sixth form and she was ready to leave already, she had ages of education left, especially going to university and all that jazz.

She got on the school bus and raced to the back where her friends would be. She sat down and her friends all hugged her passing her presents in gift bags.

"So... what does it say?" One of her friends asked grinning.
"It says 'Are you okay?'" Y/n said looking down to her covered wrist.
"Well, I'm excited for you." Another one of her friends said hugging her again.

They soon all got off the bus and went to tutor, she was once again bombarded with questions about her soulmate. She didn't even know who he was, how could she tell anything about them.

She sat down finally in her tutor and collapsed her head on to the table. "You okay?" Someone asked and she immediately swung her head up. She looked to her wrist and saw one of the words missing.

She groaned in annoyance and responded to the questioner. Before going back to her work. The bell rang and she was finally able to go to her lessons.

After school she went to some little cafe that was very close to her school, or was a beautiful cafe and was filled with bright colours. It was completely empty, and she had judged whether to go in or not. Her soulmate was obviously not here.

She went inside anyway and got a drink along with a sandwich, she sat down by the window table and listened to music. She completed some of her artwork at the table, drawing in places that were totally wrong.

She moaned tiredly and rubbed out the mistake.
"Are you okay?" The waiter asked by her side taking her plate that the sandwiches were on.

Her eyes widened and she stared at him for the longest time.
"Are you okay?" He asked again and she finally snapped out of her trance.

"Sorry, yeah." The waiter smiled at her and walked away, leaving her in confusion. Did he not know? Was he 18? Y/n sighed and went back to her work, saddened.

Her head turned anxiously, why didn't he say anything? He said the exact words on her wrist, yet, he didn't acknowledge that she was his soulmate. As it got darker, she finally packed away and left, leaving her soulmate at the cafe.

She returned home by bus and went straight to her room. She changed and went to sleep, not wanting her parents to ask any questions about her soulmate.

She finally woke up in the morning and changed, rushing out to school. Why did this affect her so much? So he wasn't 18 yet, it just upset her.

She got on the bus and sat away from her friends alone, she listened to her music and stared out of the window. It was like she was in a music video, or even a movie.

She got off and avoided everyone, she went to tutor and ignored most of the people she would usually talk to. She went through most of the day like this, she just wanted the day over with so then she can go see her soulmate again.

Once the day was over she went back to the cafe and got her usual. She sat down and returned to her artwork, just like yesterday.

"Were you alright yesterday, you seemed a bit sad." Her soulmate asked her, looking down to her once again taking her plate and cup.
"Just down in the dumps I guess." She said gazing at him.

What she said must have taken him by surprise and he stood shocked. She looked at him and he stared at her in realisation. She noticed him look down to his wrist and back to her.

"So you're my soulmate?" He asked putting the things back down and sliding into the seat opposite her.
"Yeah." She smiled and put her hand out. "Y/n."
"Harry." He told her, shaking her hand.

This might be cringy, but I don't care. I thought it was cute and since I don't have anything else to write, I might as well as all my brain cells were lost in mocks.

I might do more tik tok trends. I like watching them so why not. Any one got any other Tik tok imagine suggestions?