The Trial

Thank you for 4K, I really appreciate it. I love people reading my book. Soz it's short, I was out most the night.

 Soz it's short, I was out most the night

Harry Kirton x Reader

Silence. That's all I could hear, nothing...

I watched him as he sat in a brown seat next to his lawyer. He was an utter nut case. He had asked me to defend him, and of course I said yes.

The judge was extra hard on Harry, he was being charged for the murders of two people. I didn't know their names, I couldn't remember.

When it was my turn to defend him I stood up at the podium and began taking about how we had met up.

"He was at my house, from the time of 7 until morning," I explained facing the jury. "He was completely fine, he didn't seem to have done anything at the time. Harry just wanted to go out get some food, so I ordered a pizza. The guy left and we watched Call Me By Your Name on the telly. We both fell asleep soon after and I'm sure he was with me the whole time because I woke up in the middle of the night and he was right next to me still." I explained finally looking at Harry.

He looked hopeful, hopeful about my explanation. That it was all going to be okay.
"I woke up with him next to me still." I finished, nervously smiling.
"But how about the time in between when you went back to bed again?" The victims lawyer said walking up to me.

"He has to be with me, I was sleeping on him the whole night, I barely move when I'm asleep. I have a fear that I would squash him." I smoothly replied and the lawyer sat back down, having finished his questioning.

I was sent back to my seat, I sat down and looked over to Harry who looked anxious as hell. The jury went to discuss their beliefs.

When they finally returned, they had made up their decision - Harry was guilty. He snapped his head to me and I gazed at him with worry, he wasn't guilty. He didn't kill those people.

I did.

He was only covering for me and now he had to pay the price for it. After the killings he helped me plant them somewhere, we had it all planned out. It was a solid story.

I stood up tears staining my eyes and I nodded to him, the tears in his eyes were released and fell uncontrollably. I felt really bad, he was going to spend 40 years in prison. The rest of his life in that place full of crazy people.

I saw him panic as they took him out, but he merely compiled.

I should be in his position but I was selfish and made him do it for me. I'm sorry Harry, so fucking sorry.