Starting Life Over Again

Harry Kirton x Reader

He's gone. I don't know how I could live without him. I hadn't been out of my room in days. The loneliness is laying on me like a blanket.

I didn't expect it.

I knew it was going to happen but I didn't expect it to happen so quickly.

My friends have been constantly messaging me asking me if I would go out.

I think I was on the verge of getting rickets, I just didn't want to see the sun ever again, since the one person who lit up my world was gone.

Is there even a sun out there anymore?

I guess I really should get out of my emotional pit I call a room. I walked out into my living room, it was a lot cleaner than I thought.

My friends must have cleaned it up when they came round for a sleepover last week. I looked up to one of my plain walls to see a hanging picture that wasn't there before.

It was one of me and Harry, before he passed. I silently ignored it not wanting to confront my bleeding heart.

I opened my fridge to see that it was empty, I must have eaten the last bit of food last night that I kept in my room.

I need to go shopping. I looked towards the clock and it said 3:20 pm, it wasn't too late. I stumbled back into my messy room and finally opened my curtains and was blinded by the blasting sun that was finally let through.

I opened my wardrobe and finally changed into something new. It had been a full day since I had last changed into something new.

I put on my shoes and left. Listening to some new music I downloaded. I couldn't listen to anything else, it would just remind me of the emotional torture that my heart reminds me of.

I walked through the streets of London on my way to a shop in the area.

It was a pretty day today, the sun was shining and flowers were blooming. People smiled at me, some people didn't.

I didn't have the thought to judge, I just carried on walking along to the continuous beat of the songs playing.

I finally got to the shop and went through to get my shopping. I brought some other things as well, that I thought I needed.

On my way home, I decided to go to the park, I might as well, just to soak up the sun. It was getting darker and the sky was turning orange and pink.

It took me a while in the shop, because Harry usually went with me, but this time it was just me.

I sat on one of the wooden benches and watched as people walked past, children and adults. I smiled at their happiness, but secretly envied it.

I wanted to have that happiness again, it may take me awhile. I'm just going to have to learn how to be happy without him.

I'm going to have to restart life again.