💫 1

What is Earth?

A giant rock floating in the middle of space, water and land covering the rock as tiny people and animals inhabited it.

But what is Earth without it's moon.

The moon was also inhabited by people and animals of the sorts, but these people were different than the ones from Earth. They had super powers.

The two rocks staring down at each other as they were made for each other.

One wasn't made without the other, just like these two soulmates.

{}

Date: March, 23rd

"Jihyun, it's time to send your letter."

Jihyun ran down the stairs, quickly tying her hair into a ponytail and struggling to put her shoes on as she rushed outside to meet her parents in front of her letter box.

It was 18th birthday, and once you turn 18, you get to send a letter to the Moon. An old tradition, but a tradition nonetheless.

It is said, that once the letter reaches the atmosphere of the moon, whoever your soulmate is will receive it.

But Jihyun was nervous. There had been word that someone from the moon had be stealing the falling letters from the sky.

She was nervous that her soulmate wouldn't get her letter.

"You ready?" Her dad said calmly, watching as his daughter held her sealed letter close to her heart.

She closed her eyes wishing one last wish that it made a safe journey, nodding slightly and kissing the letter and placing it into the letter box.

As soon as she closed it, a light shined from within- seeping out of the corners of the hatch.

As she opened it back up, her letter box was empty, confirming that her soulmate was in fact on the moon.

"It's done. Happy birthday Jihyun." Her mother said excited, hugging her tightly as her letter had successfully been sent.

"Now, let's go and have some cake." Her mother smiled as she lead the two of them inside.

{}

Renjun had found himself laying in the shade underneath a tree.

Hands behind his head as he watched the sky above him.

The giant planet was most visible on top of the mountain he laid on.

The pitch blackness contrasting against the radiance of Earth. The captivating blues and greens inspired the boy.

Renjun sat up, reaching over to grab his drawing book that laid on the silver grass.

As he opened his book, he skimmed past the endless pages of sketches and paintings, flicking to a new page and bringing his pencil to the page.

Effortless swipes of the pencil created a masterpiece on page.

Once completed, Renjun took a final look at his drawing.

He never really knew what his hand was drawing until he was finish. Mind taking over his whole body in the moment as the pencil became one with him.

He had drawn the Earth. The moon was placed in the center of the earth as light shined from behind it.

Confused at to what he had drawn, but somewhat satisfied, he closed his book- looking down at the time.

"The 23rd, happy birthday to me I guess."

—————

Okayyy, time to clarify any confusion.

So, when you turn 18, you can send a letter to the moon. But if the letter stays inside the letter box that means your soulmate is on earth.

Regarding the silver grass, the moon ain't green, so most of the nature on the moon is going to be silver or grey or whatnot.

It will have nature, mountains and buildings and stuff, it needs to be habitable.

Time is vague on the moon. It's be scientifically proven that 1 Moon day is 27.3 earth days.

So despite it being 27.3 days as 1 day, I'm going to make it that there are 27 days within that one day.

I don't know if that makes sense.

So like, even though the moon is still on one day, I'm going to make it that they go off Earth time.

Yeah I really don't know how to explain that... oh well

Enjoy 😊