💫 2.6

"Jeno!" The boy stopped in his tracks to look back, a smile forming on his face instantly as he watched his childhood best friend run down the street.

Snow crunching under her as she opens out her arms. Jeno follows suit and soon enough she goes flying into his warm embrace.

Her head leaning on his chest, his soft heart beat a calming melody to her ear as she snuggles into him slightly.

His hand reaches up to mess with her hair, dishevelling it making the girl groan out in annoyance- pulling away to flatten down her now frizzy hair.

"Thanks for messing up my hard work," she mutter and Jeno laughed at her response.

"That's your hard work? Looks like you just woke up," he said with a smirk and Jihyun scoffed, pushing the boy with a playful smile on her lips.

"You're mean Lee Jeno," she huffed and crossed her arms, head tilted away from him as they continued to walk.

"Mhm, the meanest person ever," he said nudging her a little with his arm.

Jihyun just rolled her eyes and looked up to him, snaking her arm around his.
"What classes do you have today?"

"Science, sport, sociology, and food. You?"

"History, english, art, and math."

"That reminds me," Jeno began, "I saw you yesterday talking with Renjun."

Jihyuns heart stopped at his name, "oh... yeah," she said quietly.

"He came up to me yesterday asking who you were, but you're in the same class," Jeno laughed to himself at his friends antics.
"What a weirdo."

"Y-yeah, he was acting really weird yesterday. Maybe you should see if he's okay," Jihyun suggested and Jeno nodded.

"I'll make sure to. Well, I guess I'll see you at recess," he mentioned and Jihyun had only just realised that they were on school grounds.

"Right," she said, taking her arm out of his and standing there awkwardly.

"Bye then," he said walking away.

"Bye Jen," she responded rather quietly as her eyes laid upon the figure he was walking to- Renjun

A pang to her heart made it stop once more as she watched him laugh at whatever nonsense Jeno was saying.

His smile bright as he unconsciously pushed his glasses up.

Everything about him made her feel pain, tears stinging at her eyes forced her to walk away, distancing herself from him as she enters another building.

{}

The room felt dull and gloomy, awfully big and empty.

Sombre music playing in the background acted as a mask to hide the sounds of whimpers and sobs coming from the girl.

She was sat in the corner of her dark room, knees pulled up to her chest and head laying on top.

Pants soaked in tears as her shoulders shook.

Her heart ached more than it has ever before, an intense contraction of the heart sent her body into a pit of desolation.

"Why?" She choked out, looking up to the moon that laid peacefully in the sky.

"W-why does i-it hurt?" She stutters out in pain.
"I w-want h-him back, please."

She grasps at the fabric that laid upon her chest, clenching it tightly as her lips trembled- tears continuously flowing down her hot skin.

"It hurts so much," she lent her head back against the wall with a thud, but the pain was nothing compared to agony she felt from her heart.

She cried pleads to the moon, wanting an answer, a solution to her pain.

"You made your choice, Jihyun."

Her head rung with the echo of a deep, raspy voice.

This caused her to squeeze her eyes shut, fingers forming a fist and her nails created deep crescents onto her palm the hard she squeezed.

"I know," she spoke out in a broken whisper, voice wavering in pain.

"This was purely your choice, you knew the consequences of your decision."

The voice spoke again and Jihyun just wished she could scream, the intense compressed feeling lingering in the back of her throat and she just wanted to let it out.

"I just wish it didn't hurt so much. Seeing him, the pain is indescribable."

She could hear the voice sigh.

"I cannot change the rules Jihyun- you chose that Renjun would forget everything to save the world. You knew that he can never fall back in love with you. I can't change what you have decided.

You had the option, you or him, and you chose him. He cannot remember you Jihyun, you need to stay distant."

"What happens if he does remember?"

"Then Renjun better be prepared to spend eternity on the moon alone."